Is this a good 458 spider to buy? | FerrariChat

Is this a good 458 spider to buy?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Widebody_Don, Apr 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Widebody_Don

Widebody_Don Karting

Apr 16, 2021
  2. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I find it kinda BS that they won't let you take for a PPI when they're not selling it as a CPO car. Now if they will write a new power warranty at a reasonable cost and do the CPO inspection and provide you the report I would personally be OK with it. That's a bit low price for a Spider sold by a dealer, can they provide the maintenance records?

3. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    I've never heard of a dealership refusing ppi. Probably some hidden issues

4. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    Buying a Ferrari without having an unbiases second set of eyes to check it out is just not a good plan. I understand that dealers have a hard time letting cars off their premise for inspections which I get to protect the owners and cars. When I purchased mine 2 years ago, I didn't have an PPI but the car was CPO and had a power warrantee. I was able to look for obvious issues on the car and the dealer was easy to work with. Even after the car was delivered to me I took it to my local dealership and had them do a quick peek. They confirmed it was up to snuff. Had they found an issue I don't know what I could have done so I guess I got lucky.
    Not sure if you are a gambler (because I usually don't) but when you fall in love with a car and you think you have done everything you can to make a good choice then sometimes you need to play by their rules....

Good luck,
    GG

5. Widebody_Don

Widebody_Don Karting

Apr 16, 2021
    Yea it stinks, all the ferrari, porsche, high end dealers etc...are not allowing the 458 to leave the lot for a ppi.

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    if they wont allow an independent PPI just ask them to throw in 2 years of warranty...looks like a nice spec...great car

bball16 likes this.
  7. Widebody_Don

Widebody_Don Karting

Apr 16, 2021
    Ok thank you guys!

8. Regular Guy 01

Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    Looking forward to hear how your search goes.

Let us know what happens!

And lots of pictures would be nice too.

Regards,
    GG

9. adamellisdj

adamellisdj Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Adam Ellis
    Wouldn’t put a penny into it without an official Ferrari ppi

just look up CNC motors Ferrari scams after they didn’t have ppi

10. Widebody_Don

Widebody_Don Karting

Apr 16, 2021

Hey, I passed on the tampa car. They were great to work with. They did agree to cpo for 2 years! It does have a k40 radar detector. I was worried about the installation of it, if anything was drilled, and not able to ppi. Also it is illegal in va/dc. I do have a pending deal on another 458 Spider. This one has about 15 months left of cpo. Still no ppi allowed anywhere. The paint meter looks good. Will report back. Thanks

11. Widebody_Don

Widebody_Don Karting

Apr 16, 2021
    I heard about cnc...smh. Unfortunately, nobody allows ppi. I even offered to pay $500 more than the price to alllow a ppi but got rejected. Even my home town Ferrari of Washington and Competizione indy don't do ppi. I have to drive 90 miles to another Indy to have them ppi the new 458 that I am buying and shipping in.

12. Widebody_Don

Widebody_Don Karting

Apr 16, 2021
    One dealer's owner did guranteed me free return. He understood my pain

13. Widebody_Don

Widebody_Don Karting

Apr 16, 2021
    The one I am trying to buy has the carbon fiber package and race seats. The paint meter is good, all stock, full front bra, the manager told me she is a 9/10....I am excited!

14. Regular Guy 01

Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    Sounds like you are going forward with a plan and with your eyes wide open.
    Knowing what you want and what will work for you to feel safe in the process is the best way to not be disappointed with your purchase in the end.

Keep us updated and have fun.
    After the purchase, the fun really begins!!

Regards,
    Gene Greer