F430 water pump replacment question. | FerrariChat

F430 water pump replacment question.

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by jasonbedell420, Apr 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jasonbedell420

Sep 20, 2014
    Can someone please help me out. I am changing the water pump on my 430. I have the WSM. Need to remove the motor mount arm. On the front side of the mount the bottom 17mm bolt has the waterpump bolt in the way. I can't get any of my wrenchs on it. Any idea how to get that bolt. Here is a picture from the WSM that shows a wrench on the bolt. Anyone know what wrench that is that will fit?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Why don't you show a picture of your car. Maybe that will jog a few ideas. As for the wrench in the WS manual, it looks like something custom cut and welded together.

tbakowsky likes this.
  3. 430tdf

430tdf Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2008
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I had a look at the WSM and in the picture next to the one you posted it shows a clearer view of the custom modified wrench they are using. It appears to be a 12mm box end with a a small offset. You can clearly see where they have cut the opposite end off and welded a new end on, possibly to lengthen it or at some unique angle or both. You can also see that they have taken a grinder to the area around the box end of the wrench to create clearance for the nut that is beside the bolt you want to remove. When you have the WSM pdf open you can press and hold the control key and tap the + key on your keyboard as many times as you want to zoom in on the image. Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Yup, that is an offset wrench, with the outside ground off a bit to fit.

5. 06F430Spider

06F430Spider Rookie

Feb 12, 2016
    Pennsylvania
    Snap on makes a 10* Offset wrench [ p/n XB1214A], proto might have a similar tool {easier to obtain / cheaper} This is a 12 point wrench which will make your stroke angles more excess able (6 point also available for more torque) You may need to grind just a "SMIG" off the front radius of the box, to get it by the right engine mounting bracket to the engine. Good Luck.

6. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I have ended up making many custom wrenches for different jobs. A bit of grinding, bit of heat and bendind, some welding....

2NA and 430tdf like this.
  7. dmijoskov

dmijoskov Rookie

Oct 8, 2011
    Palm City, FL
    Full Name:
    Danny Mijoskov
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat