430 - embossed pedal covers - interested? | FerrariChat

430 embossed pedal covers - interested?

Discussion in '360/430' started by colorfull, Apr 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    There are SO many things I love about the F430, the brake and clutch pedals are not one of them.

I'm looking at having these made. Anyone interested? If so, I will inquire about a volume discount. Pricing is $265 for the pair and includes US shipping.

Machined from aluminum

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    Humm. Factory will not like that!

3. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    No volume discount since hand made

I'll update when they're installed in case anyone is interested

kes7u likes this.
  4. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    @ItalGerBrit , he already makes them for other models that don't have metal pedals, see ebay, so not starting anything I don't think

5. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Those are toe plates that are used for the V12 models (4 holes wide rather than 3 for manual cars). The 360/430's use one piece pedals that have the toe plate as part of the pedal casting. How would you be looking to install these then? I assume you wouldn't just want to screw them on top of the existing toe plates? For one thing, you wouldn't be attaching them onto a flat surface.

6. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Thank you @brogenville, I knew the F430 is a solid pedal with toe plate, but didn't know how others worked, being new to the Scuderia. The ones pictured, the ebay article lists as for the 348 or 355.

In any case, trying to figure out the mounting now. Checking to see if he can make recesses in the back around the raised circles on the pedal so it would fit flush against the pedal. If not, maybe a layer of neoprene in between. Unfortunately, I'd have to drill holes in the pedals to screw them down, I'm on the fence about that.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

7. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Hi John, I think if you could match the size of the new toe plate to the exisitng one, then there are some pretty strong epoxy compounds out there (I'm thinking the kind of stuff they use to glue sections of aluminium chassis component together on modern Astons and Lotus's) that could be used to attach the new toe plate onto the existing. This could also act to fill in the gaps around the dimples of the existing toe plate.

You might run the risk of references to the infamous Samcrac 360 repair though if you did this!

Another, probably dumb, idea would be to use weld buttering to make a new layer of aluminium over the existing toe plate, then machine this surface with whatever design you desire. This would (obviously) be irreversible, and quite expensive, but would be the most impressive in my opinion.

8. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Thank you @brogenville for the suggestion, predominantly, it would have to be a completely solid, reliable solution, I'm still learning about options at this point

Refashioning the pedals would be the best solution, well agree, also as you state though likely not the way I'll end up going for a variety of reasons, dig the idea though