F8 - F8 Spider Wait Time | FerrariChat

F8 F8 Spider Wait Time

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Drew Altemara, Apr 15, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Before I embarrass myself and call the dealership I though I would ask here. I have not had dealings with the dealership in over 10 years so I assume I would be considered a new customer.

Can I get in line for an F8 Spider?
    Do I have to buy one of their used cars first? I think this use to be the practice but am not sure now.
    If I am permitted to purchase how long between when I put down the deposit till when I receive the car.

Appreciate it.

Drew Altemara

2. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I can tell you what I learned at my local dealer: If you have an established relationship, you can expect closer to 12 months, otherwise expect up to 18.
    The sales associate's suggestion (since I was really looking for a 458 but was open to an F8 to get the colors I wanted) was to buy something used to have while waiting for an F8, which isn't a terrible suggestion since you can probably sell a 458 for roughly what you buy it for in a year or two. Sadly I didn't really want anything they have in stock right now.
    The other point he made was that if you finance a used car with them you'd get a better rate on a new one later. Not that their rates are anything as nice as with larger manufacturers, but they are really flexible about low down payments and early payoffs, so it might be nice to avoid making big wire transfers on the day you would really rather just be driving the thing.

3. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    No you don’t have to purchase a car before ordering an F8. The current wait from time of order is around 15 months. If your dealership has allocations and I think most do you can certainly get in line and order.
    Good luck and welcome to the wait purgatory.

GT2goneF likes this.