Confirming what the oriiginal specification was?n | FerrariChat

Confirming what the oriiginal specification was?n

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Jonny English, Mar 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jonny English

Jonny English Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2017
    Poole, Dorset
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Where can I get confirmation on what the original specification was on my testarossa?

2. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Is it a UK car? If so, you need to talk to Tony Willis. PM me for contact details.

3. Jonny English

Jun 14, 2017
    Poole, Dorset
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Yes it is a UK car.

Can't find how I PM you?! Sorry

4. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    It isn't as obvious as it ought to be! You click on someone's name above their post and then "Start a conversation".

Anyhow, I have PMed you with the info.

Smiles likes this.
  5. Jonny English

Jun 14, 2017
    Poole, Dorset
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Thank you very much​

6. Jonny English

Jun 14, 2017
    Poole, Dorset
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Got the info from Tony. Its great to have the info. The car is all correct. However tge strange thing on my car is that the seats, headlining etc are all in the correct beige but the door cards seem to be in crema.

7. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    That is strange! I would change the doors to black and add black carpet. You should be able to find some used black doors or just have them dyed. That would look awesome.

8. Jonny English

Jun 14, 2017
    Poole, Dorset
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I want to keep it stock. I wonder if its just faded. There isn't a big difference in colour.

9. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Pleased to hear you have the info you wanted.

I'm not sure how the door cards might have faded to a different colour to the seats, although I suppose it is possible the seats were kept covered. This link shows pictures of a box of sample interior leathers and you can see that beige and cream are quite different and maybe you can compare with your car 2001.Colors (barchetta.cc)

I should add that the leather samples are from 2001 and, unfortunately, do not include the exact beige of your car (and they are Autolux samples rather than Vaumol but the colours should be pretty much the same for those inlcuded).