New to Ferrari X2 in the last 6 months | FerrariChat

New to Ferrari X2 in the last 6 months

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Dfmontaz, Mar 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dfmontaz

Dfmontaz Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2016
    South Florida
    Hello everyone....just wanting to introduce myself after 10 years of quite observation (or longer). As with most, I’ve been a lifelong pursuit of the prancing horse and have been fortunate to acquire 2 in the last 6 months and am absolutely hooked. It started with the acquisition of a 1999 F355 in Rosa Corsa which is pound for pound the most exhilarating and balanced driving experience I have had...only problem is that I can’t always drive it! So the pursuit of the FF ensued!

Interesting story was that I first saw this car posted a few weeks ago on a Friday afternoon. It overwhelmed me on first glance as it was such an interesting spec and one of a kind with an original $407k sticker. I felt it was priced perfectly and told myself if it was “available Monday” I would call to inquire and let myself “cool off.” On Monday I called and she was gone. I was both anxious and relieved all at the same time...anxious that I let a unicorn slip away and relieved I didn’t have to explain to my wife and my friends that I’ve completely “lost it” or that I’m battling some sort of midlife depression (I just turned 40).

I setup an alert on Autotrader to see how often unique examples surfaced and check daily here and elsewhere. Last Friday I got a notice that one was listed without a picture at the AD in Greensboro, NC which is exactly where the previous one had sold with similar spec and no image. I called immediately and it turned out it was the same car. I was told that the person who had purchased had a difficult time transferring title from US to Canada and the deal had called through...I hung up and 5 minutes later called back with an offer. By the end of the day we had a soft agreement and the rest is history....If anyone ever has the chance to deal with Keith Nowlin at Foreign Cars Italia, he is a straight forward, knowledgeable and enthusiastic ambassador for Ferrari. I highly recommend dealing with him if you can.

So with that said, I’m excited to continue my journey into the Ferrari and look to meet many of you who share the same passion over time. Thanks for making this such an great resource for newbies like myself!!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

mclaren slr, 430jm, ryalex and 7 others like this.
  2. Dfmontaz

Dfmontaz Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2016
    South Florida
    CCallaud, otakki, bluesea and 2 others like this.
  3. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Congratulations! That's a bold spec on the FF but it works well. I love the alcantara. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

ScottS likes this.
  4. Dfmontaz

Dfmontaz Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2016
    South Florida
    Thanks. Not likely the spec I would have chosen if I was starting from scratch, but I was definitely drawn to the uniqueness. 6 years ago I purchased a 2008 Porsche Turbo in Macadamia Brown which didn’t appeal to me at all when first saw it in pictures, etc., but has grown on me to the point that I’m almost forbidding myself to get the safe colors I’ve been drawn to most of my life (black, grey, blue). Without fail I get compliments on the brown anytime I take it out which has also surprised me since super exotic cars are littered around South Florida like waste.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

evanmcm likes this.
  5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Love the FF! Congratulations.

Dfmontaz likes this.
  6. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
    Congrats! V8 + V12 is a great combination. Enjoy.

Dfmontaz likes this.
  7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

8. Natkingcolebasket69

Congrats ! I also have a ff and 355!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dfmontaz likes this.
  9. Dfmontaz

Dfmontaz Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2016
    South Florida
    Perfect one-two punch?!!! What spec?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Natkingcolebasket69

Mine is Grigio fredo which looks white but is really pearl in person and the 355 is carbon copy of urs, same year etc.

11. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Congrats! A Ferrari V12 is a brilliant engine. FF's seem to be in very high demand at the moment. I know the used market is quite hot, but the FF does seem to be quite popular.

12. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Congrats! You beat me to it, unfortunately Keith wasn’t as responsive when I inquired. If you decide to part with it please reach out.

13. Natkingcolebasket69

Lot of car for the money that’s why

plastique999 likes this.
  14. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Big congrats. You will love the V12 and 4 seats. There’s just nothing else like it...

Dfmontaz likes this.
  15. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Great pair!
    Love the spec, especially the seats!
    More interior pics

Dfmontaz likes this.
  16. Dfmontaz

Dfmontaz Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2016
    South Florida
    Ferrari soul mates a thing?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

17. Dfmontaz

Dfmontaz Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2016
    South Florida
    Good to know! He did say they had numerous immediate inquiries. The story is actually quite interesting. I had called on this car when it was originally posted on autotrader about a month ago. I saw the post in a Friday and immediately felt compelled to pull the trigger although I wasn’t quite ready after having just purchased the F355 which is now going through a unexpected engine out service which will cost a fortune. I gave myself a “cool-off” period “until Monday.”

On Monday I reached the dealership and it had sold over the weekend. I damned myself incessantly for two days and decided to go on an endless mission to find another one. I had set an alert now on new listings and about two Friday’s ago it popped up without a picture as a new listing. I noticed it was the same dealership and immediately called expecting it to be the same car. Keith explained that the previous Buyer was having a hard time titling it in Canada and they decided to take the car back. I assumed it was destiny so I told Keith I feel like I have to buy it. Terrible negotiation! But super excited to receive it. I wish you a similar experience in buying one!

18. Dfmontaz

Dfmontaz Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2016
    South Florida
  19. Dfmontaz

Dfmontaz Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2016
    South Florida
    Oops...this was meant to be a private message and not a repeat of my long winded story. Sad when you realize you’re older than basic technology now.

20. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
  21. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    That's a great pair!

Interesting to see it's ventilated through an Alcantara seating surface.

22. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Dfmontaz likes this.
  23. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003