NEW TO THE FORUM | FerrariChat

NEW TO THE FORUM

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by VANCITY FERRARI, Mar 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VANCITY FERRARI

Mar 18, 2021
    Full Name:
    BRUCE LAWRENCE COLEMAN
    Hi all, I have currently have a porsche 911 turbo S ( 2020) and was thinking about making the switch to the 488. I just fall in love with the F car every time I see one. Has anyone made the switch or have any thoughts.

Thanks so much in advance.

paulchua likes this.
  2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Nah, I don't think anyone here would recommend you make the switch. :D:D:D

VANCITY FERRARI likes this.
  3. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Actually, I should answer you seriously, and welcome to FChat btw.

If you just fall in love every time you see a Ferrari, then you owe it to yourself to at least drive one that you are interested in. If you are still in love after driving it, buy it!

4. VANCITY FERRARI

Mar 18, 2021
    Full Name:
    BRUCE LAWRENCE COLEMAN
    I currently have a 430 and i absolutely love that as well.

5. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    Do you have a DD?

6. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

Where are you located? Can I guess Vancouver, BC?

I agree with Nospinzone, if you drive it and like it, then walk away thinking about the car and have the means, then buy it. Test drove a F8 Tributo yesterday.

Could do #1, #2 but not quite #3, LOL.

7. No-Subt2

No-Subt2 Karting

May 6, 2019
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Danny
    I had a 2009 Porsche 911 C4S with PDK and then a 2011 Porsche 912 Turbo with a manual transmission. I always wanted a Ferrari. I did not want to be old and rickety in my rocking chair without having a Ferrari. I should have had done it earlier. They are very much different. The Ferrari is much more of an event and has more of a soul.

8. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    I was (and still am) a Porsche guy for the last 20 years. Owned 6 different 911s and a 928. Like all the other 7 billion people in the world, I always wanted an F-car, and I just bought a 328 which will be delivered on Saturday.

I don't know the 992 models, but I know your turbo isn't likely to break, whereas the 488 is. German vs Italian engineering. But if you love the 488 and you're not in love with the turbo, I think you should definitely look more deeply into 488 ownership. After all, you need to make yourself happy, even if the car needs more frequent servicing.

p.s. I lust after a 488 too.