F355 Market | Page 212 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Black on BaT at $105, day one... looks like it will break $130 and maybe keep going. Ken got a deal, with a little leg work.

The Grigio and Red/Black in Woodlands is dream spec for me, dang it

Guess I am stuck with Nero

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShineKen likes this.
  2. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Stock market’s up this time :).

This one has custom alcantara accents. Interesting to see the positive reaction to it.

$95k + $5k BAT Fee + $10K (CA DMV tax) + $2k transportation + traveling expenses... I’m already in my car $113k before any corrections.

Yassa likes this.
  3. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Stripes is the first thing going. I’ll need it professionally removed.

Wheels are going to be posted for sale or traded for a nice original silver set. My matte black challenge wheels will be going on.

Yassa and 355dreamer like this.
  4. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    And before adding your priceless non airbag steering wheel!

Yassa and ShineKen like this.
  5. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #5280 carnutdallas, Mar 13, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    Got a set of wheels. Have not opened boxes yet. No idea on condition. Part of me says keep all my spare parts

But will I ever run them again???

ShineKen likes this.
  6. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    That steering wheel might end up on a wall ;). I need to find another lol. I’m actually afraid to use it.

Doramon0720 and carnutdallas like this.
  7. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  8. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    Yassa and ShineKen like this.
  9. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Car isn’t exactly the cleanest. Could it be the rare triple black spec??

10. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I like the car and much prefer alcantara like inserts (no sliding) and it looks well done.

My question, why are guys/gals looking on BaT? Are these cars really hiding out there and waiting to go on BaT? Was this not on consignment somewhere? Ken, why was this your venue, color combination only? My thoughts would not be to bid against others for a car I want? Is this where everyone is waiting to buy/sell a car? Just curious. I am on the thread on Fchat where we have no love for BaT. I have tried to sell on there and it was terrible. I have bought on there and been very disappointed. About 4 years ago, so maybe much different now? I have been on Cars and Bids and Hagerty as well. Talked about selling on there. Maybe I am old fashion with eBay and traditional listing sites.

The car at $130 means it could hit $200!?!?! No way, but way? Thanks for any insight I am missing.

ShineKen likes this.
  11. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I just registered for BAT last week to bid on my 355. I’ll go where the car goes. Buying is buying as long as it is made convenient enough. I don’t do the live auctions though. Too inconvenient for me.

95 Red/Black Berlinetta ... that’s my jam. Tan would be fine as well. Blue or white cars too, but red is my favorite color period... not just for Ferraris. I figured if the car was within my price range, I was gonna get it. I was prepared to bid up to $120k. If I didn’t already have a 95 GTB, probably $10-20k more. Thank god these bidders didn’t show up last week :p. At the end of the day, where else am I going to find this spec???

And no... I wasn’t on the hunt for a 355 at all. I was on the hunt for a 70’s Alfa GTV lol. I just felt it was a rare opportunity I might regret passing up.

Yassa, Kokose7en and carnutdallas like this.
  12. 911NBK

911NBK Karting

Jan 2, 2021
    audi_328, Kokose7en, hammergb and 3 others like this.
  13. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    That is near perfection. Still $95k and have to safely get to US, but wow!

14. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  15. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    No Rollbar.

ShineKen likes this.
  16. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky

Fools and their money...... :D

ShineKen likes this.
  17. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Aaahhh. There he is! Just the man we’re looking for. Every good debate needs a hater :).

18. lanab

lanab Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2016
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Well the market is just slower here right now but will probably see similar prices in EU soon.

19. 911NBK

911NBK Karting

Jan 2, 2021
    To John's point 355 prices are going to touch 512TR prices at this rate. How can a V8 made in double the numbers(I'm referring to gated 355s gts/gtb) be worth same or close to same era V12?

For the record I just bought a 355. I can't tell you if I love it, I've yet to drive it cause it's still snowing here. And I've never owned a 512 to compare it with. But can it be 355 fundamentals are a little out of whack?

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

20. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I don’t know exactly what makes people willing to pull out there wallet for what, but I know it’s not easy to get exactly what you want when a car has been gobbled up the past 25 years. It all comes down to how much relative supply and demand. Yes, more 355’s produced, but key is how many are actually available to buy in the current market. Demand could be higher than 512TR as well.

I don’t know much about TR’s in general. I’m a rear mid-engined V8 guy. The F355 is the F40’s lil’ hot sister and he only has 1 sister :). If someone wants to pay more for the F40’s younger bros, be my guest...

21. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #5296 carnutdallas, Mar 13, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    TR is is an iconic car that is **** to drive. A gear short, hard to steer at slow speed, to much 80’s Ferrari and not as robust. Do I want one, sure.... but not to drive regularly. Maybe a 512TR, cause it really is a better car as the last generation. BUT, my 355 is to be driven, hard! Enjoyed. The 6 speed shaft actuated 5 valve cylinder head 355 is a driving machine! City or highway. Glorious. I can’t find the same joy in a Porsche. My ZR1 was a superior speed machine. Dangerous. Powerful. Sounded like crap compared to my 355’s.

I have owned a 348 and would never go back. I have driven a Testa and would not want one over a 355. I like the 430 gated, but not nearly as pretty or iconic. I want a 458, but not the price.

My only want of that era is a Gated Diablo and that I do not fit in nor can I afford.

So yeah, the 355 is desirable for so many reasons. The only vintage Ferrari I would consider is a 512BBi and that is a gear short in my mind and way to 70’s... so now the 355 is getting it’s due! Keep on going up cause I have mines!!!!

jimmym, tres55, sgtpeper and 3 others like this.
  22. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    #5297 ShineKen, Mar 14, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    How do you guys feel about BAT auctions that rely solely on the seller to present to you all the positive and negatives of the car while knowing they have a vested interest in highlighting positives and hiding major negatives?

In my particular case, seller said he didn’t see any cracks in buttress or taillights. I can give him a pass on taillights as the crack kinda looks like a line that could be part of a design, but the buttress cracks were pretty visible to me on both sides (If Fchat didn’t lower res on uploaded pics, it would be much clearer).

We’re bidding based on assumptions the concerns are sorted or the issue is not there. If I had bid to $120k, I’d probably be upset because there’s significant added cost to what I thought was sorted. At $95k ... I’ll deal with it. But who knows, maybe high bid would’ve been $90k with buttress crack issue shown. Unfortunately, bidding is already done.

My case is just a minor example of what could go wrong for buyers on BAT. Can we truely trust a seller to be upfront?? I don’t think we can and that’s why I flew in to see the car before paying.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

jimmym and MAD828 like this.
  23. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    BaT is a venue, like eBay or any other used car venue, I think, though I haven't bought or sold there yet. I expect most sellers on any venue to highlight positives and downplay negatives, as they all want to sell a car and get haggled down for as little as possible, or get bid up as much as possible. Buying through any venue, vet as best you can or are willing to, cross your fingers but fully expect there to be some - hopefully minor - surprises (if there aren't any, that's great).

jimmym and ShineKen like this.
  24. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #5299 johnk..., Mar 14, 2021
  25. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #5300 johnk..., Mar 14, 2021
    With that reply and then seeing the car you would probably have grounds to back out of the sale as it's misrepresented. I understand that you accepted it as it was. I'd have probably used it as leverage to try to lower the price. Everything in life is negotiable. :rolleyes:

ShineKen likes this.