F8 - Daytona racing seats help F8 | FerrariChat

F8 Daytona racing seats help F8

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by StevenF8, Mar 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. StevenF8

StevenF8 Karting

Feb 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Hi guys I’m just about finished with my F8 spec and had some questions about the Daytona racing seats. As of now I spec’d it with the regular Daytona seats with the full electric option. Lately I’m really loving the Daytona racing seats but hearing mixed reviews. I sat in the non Daytona racing seats at the dealer during my test drive and found them pretty comfortable in 6’2. My question is if I go the Daytona racing seats route with the seat lifter (is it even needed)am I able to make any adjustments besides up and down with the lifter and front to back with the handle? I read a few posts maybe the dealer can make some adjustments... any help would be appreciated thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Seats are very comfortable. The manual lifter only raises the seat.At 6’2, no issue for you.

3. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #3 Dicecal, Mar 6, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    At your height you probably wouldn’t want the seat lifter.. If you ever did, you can buy the seat lifter kit from Hill engineering:

https://www.hillengineering.co.uk/interior-parts/seat-related

On longer drives with any kind of back issues you may have some discomfort. Very personal decision, they certain look much better than the standard seats...

GT2goneF likes this.
  4. StevenF8

StevenF8 Karting

Feb 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Any way to move the back of the seat back or is it only the bottom part?

5. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    That kit can only raise the seat height at the mounting points from 10-30mm.

6. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Seat bottom and back can be manually adjusted fore and aft. The seat lifter is a nice feature to have on longer drives - minor up/down changes enhance comfort. Racing seats are extremely comfortable and IMO the best looking seats offered. Racing seats are very desirable in the secondary market as well.

Coincid likes this.
  7. StevenF8

StevenF8 Karting

Feb 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Thanks how can the back be adjusted is there a handle or knob? When I test drove I only moved the bottom part back and forth not the back. Not sure if I missed seeing it...

8. halolo

halolo Rookie

Nov 17, 2020
    Are the racing seats with the lifter installed (and at lowest position) higher than without lifter? I am also 6.2 and found headroom pretty limited in the F8 Spider.

9. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    There is a knob on the side that adjusts the pitch of the seat back.

10. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yes. So if you are looking to maximize head room, don’t add the seat lifter.

mdrums likes this.
  11. StevenF8

StevenF8 Karting

Feb 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Perfect I thought it may have been fixed like my 911 gt3rs seats