Fabspeed Motorsport | Sneak peak- F8 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Fabspeed Motorsport | Sneak peak- F8

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Fabspeed Motorsport, Sep 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Your confusing me with someone else. Not me.

2. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Did you do any alignment change?

3. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

They were dealers cars. IMO steering is even better on the F8 . Overall the car was really tight. maybe more power but i really wouldn't note it as i have never driven my 488 GTB to 200 kms/hr.

My final desicion will be when i test the F8 like every day in streets. Thats where i want to see whether its justifiable as ill never track.

But boy i can tell you those paddles are TOO short if you track the car. The number of times i missed.

mdrums likes this.
  4. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Yeah I keep hearing from people that have driven the f8 that the street ing really awesome. I’m not a fan of the column mounted paddles. I much prefer the steering wheel paddles I’ve had on my Porsche’s.

5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Just get a set of Pista paddles.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Wow, what? I certainly wouldn’t get the F8 then. The party is just getting started at 160 kph. I’d get something with a more fun 0-100...

7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I sort of have to second this. I know I'm in Europe where we might do things slightly different than down under. But having hit just 200? I can understand why 300 is a bit more of a challenge, but 200 comes and go so fast one does not even have to try. Drive the car a bit spirited and 200 is easily hit. Not even sure how to avoid it when the car gets to strut its stuff a bit.

SVR and Jo Sta7 like this.
  8. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Without going on a track nowhere to go. Don't fancy having my car crushed

9. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

@MANDALAY - Holy cow... I had a feeling you meant that literally. Did not realize this was a reality with Australia's Anti-Hoon laws... the rest of my comment/thoughts I'll save for P&R forum.

Looking forward to some videos of the F8 with the Fabspeed Exhaust.

10. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Using a tank of gas in 30 minutes I would suggest you go with a track set up. It sounds like you are on the track more than the street.

11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Yeah. The way the entire car heats up around you and the way the components are pushed, is just totally different. This is also why tracked cars sound different than cars that are only street driven. You simply cannot burn in an exhaust on the street the way you can on a track. Even prolonged Autobahn runs don't create the temps we see on track.

mdrums likes this.
  12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    A track set up is actually an interesting concept. I would love to see an exhaust system that first and foremost were targeted at track days. It's cool and fun with all the loud stuff, but at the same time quite useless for many on track due to noise regulations. Would love to see a lightweight system that would allow you tobrun test pipes for added flow and less heat, but with a sound attenuation that would be track legal. Not all tracks are regulated, but more and more are. A lightweight decat ti exhaust with attenuation for track use for a Pista would be sweet.

13. 458cc

458cc Rookie

Jan 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    Do you have any videos of the F8 with just the center muffler bypass? It looks like that would be the only option for these cars to not generate a CEL.

Mortarion likes this.
  14. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Unfortunately, we do not have any footage or sound clips with just the muffler bypass. I have attached a video below with the muffler bypass and the X-pipe installed. The Sound will be very similar. My apologies for not being of more help, but please reach out with any other questions!

15. 458cc

458cc Rookie

Jan 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    I highly doubt that an F8 with only the center muffler would sound the same as one with the x-pipe installed. The X-pipe seems to delete the GPF filter while the center muffler bypass would still retain the GPE.

Would be very interesting to hear an F8 with the center muffler bypass to see if that can fuel the need for sound, without having a CEL issue.

16. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Wouldn't the F8 with stock cats and gpf with no muffler be muffled enough but slightly better sound? This way there should be no CEL and maybe Ferrari warranty would still be intact? Fabspeed have you tried this?

458cc likes this.
  17. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Really don’t think that would be worth the effort. Maybe a marginal improvement that wold still involve removing the entire muffler assembly to install the muffler bypass pipes. The GPFs have to go, my dealership is telling me to expect FNA approval for aftermarket exhaust that removes the GPF in the 2nd quarter.

mdrums and Fabspeed Motorsport like this.
  18. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    The sound is much improved. I really didn’t like the sound of the stock F8.

Fabspeed Motorsport likes this.
  19. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    This does work! We tried that setup but unfortunately, it only affects the sound when the valves are closed due to the configuration. If you are looking for a more aggressive tone without triggering CELs or the GPF, I highly recommend going with our 200cel Sport Cats. They will give you the best results in terms of sound and power!

mdrums likes this.
  20. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
  21. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    For anyone that's on the fence about any of our F8 systems, now is your chance!

Wanted to award the community with a 10% off discount before we launch our holiday promo this weekend.

Shoot me an Email - [email protected] - and I will get you set up!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. landasia

landasia Rookie

Jul 21, 2020
    SoCal
    Hello, any news regarding gpf delete approval, now that we are in q3?

23. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Looks like there will be no help from FNA, no action of as yet and at this point I’m assuming they will not approve anything.

landasia likes this.
  24. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Not sure this is possible. The factory muffler and GPF is one unit. If you remove the muffler, you remove the GPF. Installing just a Novi box for example, is basically like just a Novi box on a Pista with the stock 700 cell cats. This will leave you with a car you can still track. If you go with sports cats or deletes, no more tracking as you will be blag flagged for noise.

mdrums likes this.