NOVITEC UPGRADE | Page 2 | FerrariChat

NOVITEC UPGRADE

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by doccharlie954, Aug 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
  2. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    That’s the new kit! Will figure out how to upload a video

3. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Having driven with the new kit (x pipe and sports cats) for several hours today I can confirm it sounds awesome; how the Portofino should have sounded from the start. Less of a blare, more of a deep rumble and higher pitch at the top end.

If you’re UK based, Manu at Scuderia was very helpful. He organised Kline Innovation to make it for me. They scanned my original parts so should be able to make it for someone else. Highly recommended!

4. fanboy01

fanboy01 Rookie

Jul 15, 2011
    I have ordered Kline X pipe and 200 cell cats as well. Am about to get them within 2-3 weeks and very excited now after seeing your feedback. Do you encounter any drone after getting the new parts fitted? And does the sport cat make the car smells terrible?

5. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Every integral structure possesses resonance frequency(ies) where vibrations are amplified to the max.

So all exhaust systems drone. The reason why you think a particular exhaust doesn't drone is because they have been muffled or tuned down.

To avoid an irritating drone, what you do is determine the resonance frequency of your car's exhaust and then avoid revving your engine at that frequency. Voila - no droning. Problem solved. If you recall how you used to drive a car with a manual stick shift transmission (6MT), you will suddenly realize you ACTUALLY NEVER put it in 6th gear when you were puttering around. It just didn't make any sense to ever lug your engine, in any gear. It's only drivers who have only ever driven AUTO transmissions that this does not occur to them when they drive a DCT-equipped car.

When I give the beans to my car, it NEVER DRONES. It just sounds like a slightly detuned F1 race car. Proper sport cats do not result in terrible exhaust fumes or they would trigger the O2 sensors and you'll get a CEL. However, frequently driving behind older hotrods or cat-delete cars will, eventually give you lung cancer.

Chizz likes this.
  6. MKR

MKR Rookie

Oct 26, 2020
    Hi Karla,
    I would love to hear the sound of the Portofino with the x pipe and sports cats. can you e,ail it to me please ?
    I have just had an x pipe installed and capristo rear muffler removed as it was not working properly.

7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    And this is how Karl became Karla

Sorry, but that is funny:)

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Mafiaboy1975 and AD211 like this.
  8. SB27

SB27 Karting

Dec 2, 2015
    Doc Charlie,

Did you go ahead and get the Novitec piggyback for the California T? I am on year 2 of having it (thanks to TAG for the excellent installation), have had zero problems and it absolutely transforms the car.

Let me know your experience.

SB

2016 Cali T