812 VS Rumors | Page 130 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    It gets worse... I don’t track and also love our F8.

I just love every time I drive either one. A guy stopped me in a parking lot and asked if I can handle it, referring to the F8. I laughed and said no way, that car is way more than I can handle! He laughed and laughed and drove off after telling me how beautiful it is.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Doug23, dpw98 and of2worlds like this.
  2. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    If you have an 812 and an F8 you have two of the pinnacles of Ferrari production in my opinion. Among the ultimate in pre-electric era Ferraris. As someone who truly values the brilliance of Ferrari combustion engines ... I salute you!

Thecadster likes this.
  3. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    For sure not! :)

4. ph7

ph7 Karting

Jul 8, 2019
    I think there is a distinction to be made between what Ferrari buyers "deserve" or not from a brand loyalty perspective and what the post IPO commercial policy is:

1) So if on one side people who purely buy cars to flip them at a profit do not "deserve" the protection to the value of their cars by Ferrari, on the other side from a commercial perspective the future value of special edition cars has been a very material driver of the purchases of regular models. And as a public company if VS cars were to not perform in the secondary market that would affect the sales of regular models and this is not what a public company CEO can afford.
    2) Ferrari itself leveraged the fact that certain cars were performing well in the second hand market as a way to market cars. So they did push the Pista on that basis and for this reason now it would be hypocritical for Ferrari to play the card that "buyers should not buy VS cars with the view that they will appreciate" after they sold plenty of Lussos for example by tying them to the purchase of a Pista.
    3) Alternatively Ferrari can decide to let buyers that "deserve" it to lose money on their VS purchases but this will only work if Ferrari is ok with selling materially less cars in the future (if the buyers will only be the ones that really do not care about offsetting the depreciation on their regular models with the appreciation on their VS ones how many less buyers there would be?). Will the stock market be ok with that? I don't think so.

5. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    Who said February 14 ?

6. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
  7. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Nothing refers to such a project in the screenshot you posted.

mepassione, ingegnere and ph7 like this.
  8. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Wrong

9. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Isn’t every non-numbered car ever made technically ‘time limited’? Models are routinely superseded based (usually) on a pre-determined program life cycle.

10. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    LVP488 and dcmetro like this.
  11. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    812 SF replacement ?

12. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    [/QUOTE]

Thank you for your views. It is great that you understand Ferrari’s thought process on pricing and marketing so well. After 30 years with the brand I still could never make that claim.
    Give us a shout when the car is announced in a few months, it would be interesting to see how many of the predictions come true.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Bundy, KenU, gzachary and 2 others like this.
  13. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Spot on. At my dealership, the level of corruption for the TdF was crazy. They tried it again with Monza but with much less success.

ilcapodizurigo likes this.
  14. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    George, please be gentle with Forza. He gets offended very easily.

15. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    #3240 Tommy Boy, Jan 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    Ok, thats lovely.

You seem irritable - almost as if you have been losing sleep.

Perhaps you should devote less time to composing your aggressive "I know exactly what's going to happen" posts and "people who disagree with me are scoundrel" posts.

And use that time saving to get a little more sleep.

16. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    [QUOTE="George330, post: 147682785, member: 85797"

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat[/QUOTE]
    I made one prediction. Both versions of 812 VS to be limited in number. 799 Coupes base price around $750k. 499 Apertas base price around $850k. With a limited number car they can get that much for them easily. In order for them to make as much profit at a $500k price point they would have to sell more than twice as many of them and while they probably could, it’s double the effort, double the time, and double the capital resources allocated just to make the same money. Another factor weighing towards limited number production is thst fact that physically the factory can’t make a ton of them in a two year run anyway so they might as well number limit them and charge double. In fact, the V12 production line is so constrained in its output that we will probably never see a ‘time limited production’ VS version of a V12 car where they pump out 3,500 of them in two years like they did the Pista Coupe. I really hope I’m wrong. I hope it’s not number of production limited but instead goes on a nice 2 year run even if it makes just a few hundred more cars available to people. I hope they make more and price it lower than I’m predicting. But the probabilities of that happening are not favorable. Hopeful buyers should brace themselves for number limited coupe made in around the same number as the F12tdf and at a moderate premium to that car. Plus a decently lower number of Apertas to make it just that much more special and reward a still higher rung of clientele and that car will be priced slightly higher than the coupe. And to get that car you are going to have to be one of the very top 3 clients at your dealer and a known major customer to the factory.

17. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    The factory V12 line has a recent history of 2100+ units per year...

and, the number one reason to make the car numbered is the lack of significant performance enhancement (for instance, modest horsepower bump, say, 830PS, remembering that Leiters made a 'big deal' of overcoming the GPFs to achieve same output as pre-GPF in 812GTS, without something external to boost power, like electric motor, it is unlikely the horsepower increase will be significant, for instance, 10% over 812SF)...without a significant power increase, why upgrade except to win favor with the factory, hence numbered edition.

If the 812VS does have significant power increase (10%+) then I think time-limited is the best option because it is likely to result in more 812SF upgrade (trade-in) activity where more revenue can be earned. Or, if they increase the rev limit to 9500+, that would be like the XXK cars...

And then there is a the daunting thought that "this is it", no more V12 (non-hybrid) special editions, ever... So, sell as many as you can...again, if they have a significant power increase, otherwise, numbered edition is best way to ensure revenue...

Thecadster, ScrappyB and Caeruleus11 like this.
  18. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Being a dual (Italian) citizen I thoroughly enjoy reading this thread and enjoy the humor in the responses, whereby the "predictions" are based upon the premise that like the Brits, Italians are steadfast, reserved, pragmatic and make unemotional and logical decisions......

Bundy, MidnightRun, ewright and 8 others like this.
  19. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Depends on how the marinara was that day. The fate of 812vs production is in the hands of the pasta sauce they are serving in maranello

Spider68 likes this.
  20. skinguy23

skinguy23 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2011
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Good analysis. I pestered my dealer and he said he submitted my name to ferrari for the VS. it didn’t work out for the TDF (I badly wanted that car and still do) so I don’t know if I will make the cut. I have bought several new since then, including the Pista, portofino, 812, 70th anniversary f12, and a Roma on the way. I will be greatly disappointed if I don’t get a shot. This is an expensive hobby!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Bundy, Spider68, JTSE30 and 2 others like this.
  21. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
    Besides icona cars, the 812 VS could be it for the long line of pure V12 cars. I’m hoping producing and selling as many as possible to have a strong legacy for many years to come has a chance.

How many F40 were produced? Is it less special now?

Spider68 likes this.
  22. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Based on the heavy camo, this must be the real deal under there.

Hard to make anything out but the two “protrusions” at the lower rear corners have carried through to the final design, looks like. What can that be: exhausts moved out laterally to increase diffuser width? Exhaust blown aero with flick?

crinoid, jpalmito and dcmetro like this.
  23. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    One of your excellent sketches would make my day :)

24. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Check the hood too, appears to be several vents where there are none on the 812SF.

And the rear glass area does not appear "smooth", could be slats over that area...

ingegnere likes this.
  25. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Smaller F8 style headlights?