Carbon revolution Rims | FerrariChat

Carbon revolution Rims

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by MalibuGuy, Dec 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    How much should we be paying for Carbon Revolution rims? As I understand these rims are made with a composite carbon and not the more labor intensive hand laid prepreg tailored sheets.

Yes there is special heat-resistant paint process to deal with the Brembo Carbon ceramic brake heat cycles. Yet I know that the Ford Mustang also features CR Rims, and I rather doubt Ford charges $35,000 for them.

2. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Maybe Ford doesnt charge that much but a you suggesting to use there's ? Different offset ild say.

Already stated these rims would be around 12 k AUD. Its Ferrari and dealer up charge. No way around it as they wont sell the rims direct to you.

Joke is if I ordered them they would go to Italy then back to Australia instead of a 1 hr taxi service to my dealer. Gee i can even pick them up its so close. Go figure.

mschuz458 and MalibuGuy like this.
  3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    The Brembo brakes are not the reason for the insulating ceramic layer(it is not a paint). Steel brakes get just as hot, sometimes hotter. I believe all the CR wheels have the ceramic strip.

As for price, not much to it. FAVT.

4. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    You do realise that any composite will soften with heat ?

The ceramic coating is there to withstand a certain amount of heat regardless of what discs are used.

They have got better over the years in resisting temp but they still are affected.

Look at old 80's add ons that used regular polyester and glass matting see how they have warped and totally yellowed. Remember Carbon Fibre is a limp fabric with no structure. Its the resin that provides that.

5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Its a ceramic paint

6. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Interesting information from all sides.
    In like any new technology we will gain more experience with the product and there will be future improvements as well

For me, at the right price I would like to try a set. I am assuming that you could feel a nice sporty improvement in handling and acceleration?

(Of course I’ll keep my OEM forged rims. I still like the way they look)

7. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru