355 Driver wiper arm pin | FerrariChat

355 Driver wiper arm pin

Discussion in '348/355' started by Carmellini, Dec 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carmellini

Carmellini Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2019
    Not sure what this drivers side wiper arm pin is supposed to look like, but I suspect that mine is broken? Can someone post a photo of what it should look like?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. sevminasyan

sevminasyan Formula 3

Jun 24, 2008
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I may have a used one

let me know if interested

Steve

3. Carmellini

Jul 16, 2019
    OK....got it. It the broken bit in the housing of the wiper shaft bezel? do i need to dig it out?

Steve..PM sent

4. Carmellini

Jul 16, 2019
    and......do these break off because they are old and brittle, or is there an underlying issue that makes them break? like something jamming??

5. Carmellini

Jul 16, 2019
    rarely out in the rain, but since the weather is not my control, there are times I need to use the wipers.

with the pin broken and the small arm not attached properly, can i still use my wipers? I don't want to do anything to
    damage my paint or my windshield.

6. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Whether you buy a new part or a used part, that's really your choice, but I wouldn't leave it 'broken' on the car.

A Ferrari is never really yours. You are the current caretaker, hopefully keeping these amazing cars on the road for many many generations to come.

[/soapbox OFF]

7. MikeeB355

MikeeB355 Karting

Dec 7, 2019
    S Wales
    Full Name:
    Michel Bee
    Mine went not long after I bought it. I guess its through lack of use but I bought the Hill Engineering part and it worked like a dream. I took the opportunity to take the other wiper off and give them both a coat of satin black paint to freshen them up.

8. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Mine is broken on my 348, same design I believe as 355.

whilst I do like everything mechanical 100%, previous owner came up with an ingenious solution. Cut a piece of plastic from say a milk bottle, about 2” diameter. Cut a hole in the middle the same dia as the main wiper arm mount. The piece of plastic sits under the main arm and above the secondary arm (the broken one). The plastic acts as a backing plate and holds the broken arm in place, but as it’s plastic doesn’t really cause any friction.

Replacing the arm properly with the hill one is on the list, but not high enough to get to this year.

If you need a picture of the above let me know.

9. Carmellini

Jul 16, 2019
    Yes, please post picture(s).

10. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
  11. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Everyone has to keep the wipers in top shape even if you live in Cali and never drive in the rain! I have seen the wipers accidentally triggered by owners on dry windows and bad blades where the metal of the wiper scratched the windshield. This is not a problem on your daily BMW those windshields are cheap. Replacing a ferrari windshield you always have to sit down before you hear the price. One errant swing of the wiper arm will severely ruin your day and every time you sit in the car you will see the scratch and be reminded of that day.

12. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    You are off course correct, but I’m having all four rims re powder coated and new seat belts this winter for the 348 and I’ve just done the fuel pump rubbers. The 355 is currently having a reupholster dash and having a new ac pump.

Wiper arm next winter :) :)