F8- Yaris - Civic Type R- Yugo | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8- Yaris - Civic Type R- Yugo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SoCal to az, Dec 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    And now it all makes sense...

Shadowfax likes this.
  2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I'll stick with cars. My wife takes great care of me. And, the maintenance and upkeep on that looks more $$$ than a Ferrari...T

Shadowfax and GT2goneF like this.
  3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    To be fair, Ferraris come with 7 year free maintenance so it almost certainly is cheaper.

tomc likes this.
  4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    You see!!!??? That is logic and experience speaking over emotions. Wise man

5. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    It depends on what you consider cheaper? Everything has a cost and it isn't necessarily monetary. He may be speaking of mental health and headache savings.

6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    No GR for US it seems. Is the Yaris GR being shipped to Australia? I have to confess, after all this online hub-bub, I would be curious as heck to know if any F-chatter has had seat time in this car, and what they thought of it...T

7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yes its available as a model here in Oz. And no I haven't driven one but imagine it gives great bang for buck going by all reviewers accounts to date.

8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #33 Shadowfax, Dec 6, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    I never assumed for a second that I was. I was simply saying your remark was facetious and was mocking the situation where someone who actually can't afford a steak dinner is more likely to buy a Yaris. I just didn't think cheap shots like that at persons less fortunate was all that funny. Not everyone has the money to buy a Ferrari F8 but it doesn't make them a better person. In fact I've come across far more genuine people who don't have the money to buy a Ferrari but wish they did.

And my assessment may be garbage to you, but it is my assessment and i'm sticking to it.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I'm also not forcing my a opinion as some kind of gospel as some here like to imply. As I said everyone is entitled to their opinion and I gave mine for good bad or otherwise. I can't be held responsible for others misinterpretation and the suggestion of motives especially when opinions were specifically called up.

And frankly I don't have any motive for offering an opinion other that offering my opinion as honestly as I can. If some wish to bring "motive" into the mix then maybe they have their own motives which they need to fess up to rather than criticize me just for giving an honest opinion which I believe in. Doesn't mean they have to agree or, believe in it. I've never imposed any compulsory condition where others have to agree with what I say either, yet some choose to adopt a mindset where they feel the only way to negate my opinion is to gang up and bash.

GT2goneF likes this.
  9. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
  10. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    #35 SoCal to az, Dec 6, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    Jokes on an Internet forum by no means representative of anyones nature. If it makes you feel better, Id be happy to list out the hundreds of thousands of dollars in charity work ive done over the past few years to help the down and out. The joke about the steak dinner vs the car is more of an indictment of all of us rich a-holes than anything else where we spend tens of thousands on paint just to satisfy our own egos. so lets lay off the mother teresa bit while we have a jovial conversation.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion about the F8 but there are a lot of folks (some whom Ive met personally) on this website who are great guys who own a great car and I dont think anyone wants to hear how spending 300k+ on a car was a mistake. Just not a cool comment and if you cant understand that- then no issues.

Anyways- all good shadow. We have had our battles in the past but this is just a minor disagreement. all cool by me. Peace.

11. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I took it as a funny joke. I don't think anyone here really took it offensively. It is a sensitive joke but we all knew what you meant. Perhaps, Shadow took it as such, a sensitive subject. There are such people who are not nice people in any socioeconomic class. I don't think I have seen anybody here with that attitude. We have all worked hard for the things we have. Let us enjoy them and share our experiences and point of views.

Shadowfax likes this.
  12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Its a freaking joke.... I mean- yes- go out and have a few drinks at a fancy place or buy a Toyota. I think Ive more in tip money to a valet than car payments on my first car.

GT2goneF likes this.
  13. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I know!!!! That is what I am saying. I spent 45k in paint... That is freaking insane but the heart wants that it wants and screw logic.

By they way, send me your schedule. I will be your personal valet and stay with the car, one to one. I could use that kind of money for my F8.

14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Socal I was just saying you were being facetious with that remark in a light hearted way, not seeking to come across as being offended personally.

I also didn't know if you were again being facetious with your thanks for playing comment either. I didn't know whether to interpret that as a thanks but no thanks piss off type comeback or if it was a genuine thanks for playing. I got that you have a differing experience with the F8 and that's perfectly OK. Anyway I like to know where I stand with people and likewise let others know exactly where they stand with me. Sometimes it's appreciated sometimes it isn't but i figure at least people know exactly where i'm coming from without them having to second guess me or put too much thought into it.

Anyway all's fine. No hard feelings my end. Maybe we both misinterpreted one another's written word and took things a little more serious than each other intended which is pretty common. Let's continue on with the thread..

15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    All good. My comments were in pure jest. Sorry if it came across anything else.

So now how about that Yaris...

GT2goneF likes this.
  16. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Yaris? Yugo?
    Pfff
    My money's on an Adobe
    Ring slayer.

NB: if it's region-blocked and you can't see it, don't worry. you're not missing much

17. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    the yaris is the most intresting car for ages imo

18. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Your charity work and contributions must be lauded. For those who achieve a level of financial success, helping out those less fortunate is simply the right and compassionate thing to do. My parents were Holocaust survivors who lost their entire family and all wordly possessions and arrived in Canada with $35 in their collective pockets. They struggled and toiled tenaciously to provide for us which they did. I had my first paying job when I was 10 years old. By the time I was 16, I was no longer financially dependant upon my parents. Completed my first university degree by 20 without debt due to receiving academic scholarships. Continued on scholarship with a Master's degree in mathematics 2 years later and by the age of 26 had a Doctor of Laws degree with my college's single nominatioin for a Rhodes Scholarship to Oxford. I was fully congnizant of the fact from a child, that I had be self sufficient and to financially prosper I had to succeed by hard work and pertinacious determination and self reliance. But I have never neglected the responsibility of giving back to those, who are less fortunate due to circumstances beyond their control.

tomc and Cigarzman like this.
  19. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Have your driven it?
    T

20. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    yes, it feels like a group B car. it's extremely fun

Boomhauer and tomc like this.
  21. Greesh

Greesh Rookie

Apr 30, 2021
    Full Name:
    Greg Shusterman
    Funny you say that. I’ve had my 570S Spider for a couple of years now but just took delivery of an F8. These 2 are indeed WAY different from each other. I was just telling a buddy that The F8 drives like a Rolls of sports cars while my 570 is a true racing car. While I’m loving the novelty of the F8, I love my 570 more. I think the 570 is the most car for the money out there…

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

MotorMouth, Coincid and SoCal to az like this.
  22. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Have you driven a true race car? There's nothing remotely race car like about a 570 or any other street car for that matter. It's a sports car and it feels like a sports car. Not even a 765LT or a Pista feels like a race car. The GT3RS have some similarities, and so does the Senna, but even at that, they are very much street cars.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

GT2goneF and Gh21631 like this.
  23. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave

I think he meant by comparison.

24. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Anyone familiar with an authentic race car will be cognizant of the fact that no street legal car will be bear any resemblance. Personally, owning both a F8 and a 570S is essentially a difference with little distinction. While they clearly exhibit somewhat individualized driving personalities, they both share capable, comfortable and an easy to drive persona. In other words,they are more alike than different with both equally serving as excellent daily drivers.

GT2goneF likes this.
  25. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The person you are responding to hasn't driven any car in question, he just likes to talk a lot and in fact was being sarcastic.

Coincid likes this.