430 - F430 is now up to 15 years old and sadly | Page 5 | FerrariChat

430 F430 is now up to 15 years old and sadly

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Nov 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    yes, they bottom in value at the 18-20 year mark. That’s actually approximately true for a lot of exotics and even some non-exotics. Check out the prices for old land cruisers and jeep wagoneers, among others.

BMW.SauberF1Team and ChipG like this.
  2. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    I have a 2007 f430 spider... 23k Miles. LOVE this phreaking car... 100% will never sell it... checks all the boxes for me Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Ray Smith, redcaruser, Red 27 and 3 others like this.
  3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Amazing bang for the buck and never fails to bring a smirk to my face!

NMNMNMN and cole328 like this.
  4. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 2, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave
    07 coupe under my care for 8 years. 40K miles, 34K are mine. Still has original clutch. Aside from the exhaust system it has been very solid.

5. bmw_e30

bmw_e30 Karting

Sep 25, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    hopefully you are just kidding

if not you are very misguided in your thoughts

porsche is and will be the last real sports car company

6. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    "Misguided", really?
    No I'm not just kidding.

As I said, I've owned plenty of 911s. All of what I said in my post is true. "the last real sports car company", really. Did you forget about the SUVs and the 4 door sedans.

I still admire Ferrari for staying the course and only making sports cars. But I fear the want for more $$$ and more offerings to get a slice of every market will not benefit their heritage.

Husker and brookliner7 like this.
  7. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I really hope I don't let out a massive spoiler and ruin your day with this but...you're aware of the Purosange right? ;)

NMNMNMN likes this.
  8. SpencerMarks

SpencerMarks Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2017
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Spencer
    That’s funny coming from a company whose been mass producing multiple SUV models and now an EV.

KC360 FL likes this.
  9. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    That USED to be true when independent.....now they are just a line on somebody else's financial statements, they do whatever Corporate tells them to.

KC360 FL likes this.
  10. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    #110 KC360 FL, Dec 8, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    Of course I'm aware. My day was ruined long ago when I first heard the rumblings coming out of Maranello,. And as such, that is precisely what I was talking about when I said: "Looks like Ferrari has come to the same fork in the road. Sadly it looks like they are going the way Porsche did" in my original post #64. ;)

11. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    As a proud former owner of a 2005 Cayenne Turbo and the current owner of a 2016 Cayenne Diesel, I was not upset when Porsche realized they needed to expand their customer base to enable them to keep building amazing sports cars. While I think it has ruined Porsche Club of America by promoting non-sports car focused members to join just for the dealer discount, I'm not sure this will be the case with the Ferrari Club of America. The non-special Porsche sports cars were always going to move to being more "Mercedes like" as customers demanded things like working cup holders and large screen navigation systems. We have seen this with Ferrari's latest models, so please don't blame that on Porsche or Ferrari adding an SUV to their product line for changes in their sports cars.

12. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Gotcha, so you forgot about that post when you mentioned them only making sports cars then? Tracking! :)

13. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Post #106:"But I fear the want for more $$$ and more offerings to get a slice of every market will not benefit their heritage."
    What's with you brother? Can we just leave it at that?

14. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark

Danedingerson and NMNMNMN like this.