458 & c8 | FerrariChat

458 & c8

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Tsachi458, Nov 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    wow that 458 is pretty

Tsachi458 and Mikael-F360 like this.
  2. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    My last 4 cars were white and my 458 is white, so I’m quite biased but still... Many congratulations and thank you for sharing!

Kind regards,

Nuno.

Tsachi458 likes this.
  3. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Pictures show just how great the 458 design is. Stars were aligned.

docf, Caeruleus11 and Tsachi458 like this.
  4. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Indeed...and while I know the new "vette is a killer on paper / stats, I just don't think I could ever get myself to pull the trigger on one....too much Stigma

Tsachi458 and Mikael-F360 like this.
  5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I finally got to see a C8 "live" a little while back, and I was shocked. It had a build quality that reminds me ofvthe C4. Less plastic, but the fit and finish was appalling. The passenger door had two rub marks just from poor fitment when opening and closing. Same was the issue with the boot lid. The stitching on dash etc. was so crooked itvwas unreal. Yes the Corvette is all about affordable performance, but what I saw is ridiculous. It is cheap, but not that cheap. Here in Europe it is priced in a way that renders it completely pointless. Why buy a C8 when a GT3 or TTS will do, right. Just looking at it and sitting in it, I think GM should be ashamed.

I respect the C6 and C7 for what they are, but the C8 was a huge dissapointment up close.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

SVCalifornia likes this.
  6. DatNguyen

DatNguyen Rookie

May 4, 2017
    Nice taste in cars and color! I have the exact same setups! Congrats

7. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Loved my 458, 488 and now my C-8! The 458 and 488 always made me look forward to the next drive. For now the C-8 has exceeded my expectations but is not a Ferrari but getting close in performance. I hope the competition keeps pushing all to deliver better cars in the future as we all win.

Caeruleus11 and Jo Sta7 like this.
  8. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Exactly! It’s not a Ferrari but it’s something different and really good in its own way. Obviously a Ferrari is superior in delivering pleasure. Now, throw a 600 hp V8 that revs to 9k in the C8 and I really don’t know. I’m hoping the Z06 delivers.

Caeruleus11 and wthensler like this.
  9. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I'm interested in the Z06 offering as well. First, other than the F8 Spider, I'm pretty much at the end of the list of cars to consider. Second, I'm ashamed to admit, but I've never had an American sports car. The Lambo EVO Spyder is most likely disqualified due to (lack of) fitment issues.

The Z06 most likely has that bit of edginess I'd be looking for - but I have check the weight. The standard C8 looks a bit 'hefty' compared to the 458.