Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread. | Page 163 | FerrariChat

Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread.

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifoso2728, Mar 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I don't think he's the first to observe that....

Another thing about Stroll. People (forum users and the likes of Wolff) are quick to jump to Stroll's defense, saying ''oh you hate him because his dad is loaded''...lets be honest here, bad/disliked drivers get called out regardless of their financial status (or their dads for that matter). Palmer got plenty of stick, Maldonado, Grosjean, even Massa had a huge thread.

2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    I disagree with Wolff.

Lance Stroll's financial background is non-sequitur in F1.

Lance Stroll's performance IS in F1 which is why he is "disliked" "hated" "criticized" (use whatever word) on the track.

Flavio_C and Bas like this.
  3. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

His wealth is only an issue for access. He has access not attainable for others. I accept this as reality since money was invented.
    His skill is in question for me. After 4 years he would have been dumped by RedBull 3 years ago. He remains due to family. Again I ask, would you hire him to drive in your F1 team.??????

After last weekend of consistent issues, peaking in the race with a really sad move on Norris, one cannot look at this driver with a positive view on his skill. Its not there and he has not really improved overall. Toto needs to stop commenting as if he is the Stroll family counselor.

stavura, Bas, Igor Ound and 1 other person like this.
  4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 One way or another Toto is on the $troll payroll.

stavura, Flavio_C, Bas and 5 others like this.
  5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I still don't understand why he attracts so much criticism for stuff others get away with.

simpen and tifosi12 like this.
  6. DF1

Look at the “flak” Bottas gets. He is the worst driver on the grid. Winning or P2 the world ends. Stroll was disconnected and lost last weekend after 4 years and 2 weeks off. Brundle said those are not excused. He is a professional and just needs to drive n perform as a professional. Much like Nico who steps in very cold and scores points not bashing into Norris lol
    For me it felt last race Lance was happy being in car or not. As like F1 ends for him it’s fine. He did not feel “driven” just in-different to the experience.

7. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

Yep, last week you could tell in his voice to team radio he didn't want to "DRIVE" anymore. Grant it, it was lap 54 but you didn't get the feeling of.........like Ricciardo 3 races ago-->" Team radio: "You've got a 5sec penalty" Ricciardo response: "Okay, I'll go faster and make it up."

You don't get that with Lance. He drives. He does'nt race....regardless of the situation.

stavura, Flavio_C, Bas and 3 others like this.
  8. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    One could say Wolff isn't lying. Almost every driver comes from a wealthier than average background.

It's what you do once you get there.

DF1 likes this.
  9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I wonder whether he is still "under the weather" from Covid.

10. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    2nd best car, 11th wdc. nuff said

fil and Flavio_C like this.
  11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Was 4th in the WDC before he was taken out three times in a row.

12. DF1

He did nothing to improve that last race. Poor decision matrix and driving. So yes, taken out but lacks the skill to recover so far. Left the bubble and gained COVID, has accidents and track limit issues. Sounds like he has work to do. Not sure he has the drive to do it. He needs to qualify better and get the job done. Exactly what Vettel needs to do as well.

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You say he needs to do this and that. Why? For what? Says who?

Last time I checked he had a seat for 2021. Something several others can't say.

14. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Could you imagine if he went through the Red Bull academy under Marko? Would have lasted 6min ah ah

stavura, fil, Flavio_C and 3 others like this.
  15. DF1

I have looked at his Jr Series data, he has experience but he just does not appear as 'driven' or capable as others.

Igor Ound likes this.
  16. DF1

Brave lol. - He has a seat due to 1 leading member of his family. Period. Reality I know. But lets not assume its based on performance in any serious way. Norris and Ricci are utterly correct in their views of him. The press after the last race was certainly not complimentary.

spider_s and Bas like this.
  17. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Given that the average family (55% in USA) has a net worth of $0.00; this is not surprising !

18. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    This is where pronouns are not appropriate: Bottas is not the worst driver on the grid.

Nor do I think Lance is the worst:: what with Giovanazzi and Latifi on the grid.......it is at least a 3-way race for worst.

william and tifosi12 like this.
  19. DF1

LOL - :)

20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yap, those walls he crashes into are a *****!!

21. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    You clearly only pay attention to what you want to pay attention to, then.

Other drivers routinely get loads of stick here. Kimi, Vettel, Bottas, Grosjean, Magnussen, Albon, Kvyat....the list goes on. And those are just the active drivers. Hell, some drivers still get stick here despite not having raced in a few years!

Flavio_C and DF1 like this.
  22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Gosh, I must have learnt that from you then !!! ;)

23. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Don't forget Ericsson.. :)

Bas likes this.
  24. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    The way I see it, there are maybe 500 racing drivers active that are capable of racing a F1 (maybe more?). There are only 20 seats and these do not necessarily go to the top 20 drivers in the list of the capable :). Only Stroll is probably way, way down on the list, but on the list nonetheless. We can pretend to be wolves and moan till the sun comes up about why he is wasting the seat, but there are several other drivers on the grid placed even lower than him.

I for one am looking forward to next season and see him head-to-head with a 4 time WDC.

25. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I can't find the FIA list, but I don't think there are 500 racing drivers with a Superlicence.