355 GTS Value | FerrariChat

355 GTS Value

Discussion in '348/355' started by Hakan458, Sep 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hakan458

Hakan458 Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Hakan
    I am currently watching the end of a heated BaT auction for a 23,000 mile '99 GTS and the bid is up to $160,000 (still climbing as I type this)! Never did I think it would go this high. Has anyone seen a 355 go for this much before? How many 6 speed GTS were produced?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1998-ferrari-f355-gts-3/

axarunner likes this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

There is a 355 market thread talking about it. U will see more there. This price is insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Wholy heck someone out there is a new lottery winner and is blowing it on what they always wanted? Always thought Berlinetta's were the one folks wanted.
    That said maybe 355's are the new 993 now. Guess the next 2-3 auctions will tell. Someone out here go sell real quick! It just takes one spark I suppose...:)

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

Qgreed now, everyone might think theirs is worth that, rightfully so or not !

5. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Let's hope so!

6. OCKlasse

OCKlasse Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brandon K
  7. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    I just sold mine here on the forum for a good price, similar to this, not quite as high.

They are definitely climbing and fast.

Sent from my SM-F900U using Tapatalk

8. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Now that I have a 355 GTB, the prices can go as high as they want. :D

phrogs, ttforcefed, Kokose7en and 4 others like this.
  9. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I'm happy to see that car sell for that high price, but totally unexpected. I would not have expected a concourse quality car sell for that much, and that car wasn't concourse quality by a long shot. That's stupid money.

MAD828 and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  10. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  11. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Well..... I sold all of mine for good money in the past year. Got $138k for my 8600 mile GTB.... that buyer had no intention of driving much. Completely sorted and rare spec... I imagine he will be making money too!

Should not have sold my gated GTS. I thought it was pretty well sorted, but my buyer spent more time and energy on it doing some things I did not realize were an issue. Surprising to me, but he has a talent for 10th level detail. He should do very well if he ever sells it. More miles at 34ish when I sold it. Honestly can’t remember miles now, but he will be making money too. Extremely well sorted.

Don’t think I would own another one. Enjoyed them. Dream car. Once I satisfy the dream... I get fickle. But I like making money and it does suck to have not timed it a little better if this becomes the norm. Money does have to change hands and there is no guarantee it does on BaT. Cheers!

12. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    #12 Husker, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    Not many 355 GTS models out there. I looked on car gurus and there isn’t one for sale in the US currently. The 348 TS is rising fast in sympathy - $75-100K for good examples.

It’s all about supply and demand. 15 years ago, a 348 ts was a $50K car tops. Lots of them available. I picked up a decent one for $36,000. Not any more. As time goes on, they are wrecked, burned, or flooded. Same with every other Ferrari.

steved033 likes this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

Yeah but the 348 isn’t even close in charm, appeal, performance or looks than a 355.
    GTS ans Berlinetta are rare ish specially yellow or red...but that car was an outliar.
    Reimel motorcar sold for 120k a 355 Berlinetta 6-speed for 120k a month ago and they have a 36k one now which they would sell for 89k serviced, that’s market correct outside bat imo. Could change of course!

FLORIDAsnakeEyes likes this.
  14. j34

j34 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 13, 2019
    USA
    Full Name:
    J
    That’s nuts. Mine listed here for 110k isn’t even selling. I’m posting on BaT today..

15. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    I'd be surprised if the buyer goes through with the purchase.

The user who won has never made a comment on BaT. Signed up recently this year and the other car he bid on was a Porsche. But who knows....

16. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    hah, are you crazy? I find the 348 much more charming and appealing than a 355, which is why I bought one. Love it's old school, raw feeling and manual steering. It's a bit of a brute and it's a better experience for it in my book.

Many like the 355 better, and that's completely fine and somewhat understandable. But to say the 348 is not even close is just incorrect. They are so closely related. It's amazing how visually the car was changed just with new bumper covers and side vents (and the rear flip. Otherwise they are closer than they are apart...and I like the 348s interior much better.

Anyway, back to the overpriced BaT 355. :)

climb likes this.
  17. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    That’s purely subjective. Here was my 348 trailer trash.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

eyeman1234 and Big Swole like this.
  18. Natkingcolebasket69

The 348 will always carry the baby Testarossa look and being slow compared to anything in its day. Even montezemelo thought it was a mistake and the worst car Ferrari ever made.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/according-to-montezemolo-the-348-is-the-worst-ferrari-ever-made.257634/

Now do I think it’s a bad car? Naaaah. I’m teasing u but the 355 is In another world sound, handle wise, and is just as raw but the maintenance bills are also on another level;)

jag-oo-r, Ferrarium and tres55 like this.
  19. Natkingcolebasket69

Then why put 355 wheels on it?;) joking

Mike Morrissey and tres55 like this.
  20. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  21. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Everyone loves to bring up Montezemelo. haha. That leads me to believe that you've never really experienced a good 348. And it wasn't slow in its day. The 348 was widely praised when it came out.

Anyway. Tired of the myth. :)

Husker likes this.
  22. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Ohh I have the magazines.... One took the Honda NSX, Porsche 911 Turbo and Lotus Esprit – on a road trip to Le Mans. Once in France, they said “It's the Honda's body control and its meaty yet beautifully positive steering that allows it to feel so natural through the Esses of Le Mans... In the 348 you've got the same degree of body control, the same iron tautness through the corners, but the steering – lighter than the Honda's but with much more feedback – lifts it clear of even the mighty NSX at La Sarthe.”

I twas the recession and speculators lost money flipping new Ferraris drove the hard feelings, therfe was a waiting list 6-9 month to get one.. Once the recession ended and the Spider came out they positively gushed gushed once again, no one remembers that either I'm sure.

bcar1 and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  23. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Seems unlikely you would want to pay the commission and not buy the car but who knows.

climb and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  24. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Might be cheaper to take the $5k hit and buy a similar example for $50k less. :D

climb and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  25. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #25 johnk..., Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    Here is the last true Ferrari, and best looking. Everything else has been driven by the competition; Honda, Porsche, McLaren,.....

When Ferrari designed the 308 it was only about Ferrari, not what other car they had to out do.

328, was "we need to make it look more modern and it needs more power 'cause Corvettes are killing it.

348 was an attempt to capitalize on the Testarossa styling.

355 was because the NSX was eating the 348 for breakfast.

And so on. Even the F40 was in response to the Porsche 959.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

climb, Mike Morrissey, tres55 and 3 others like this.