Time to buy a 575 SUPERAMERICA ?? | FerrariChat

Time to buy a 575 SUPERAMERICA ??

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Parnelli, Sep 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Obviously I am well aware of the fact that F cars have corrected in price quite a bit since 2015 but doesn't it seem that the 575 SA's have come down a lot more percentage wise in price??

Wouldn't this car been $400K + near its peak? (MT would be $600K + but no need for a MT personally for that extra cash)

https://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/listing/2005/ferrari/575--superamerica/2260633

Are we near a bottom in SA prices??

Is there any difference between the SA a regular 575M coupe (besides the top of course)?

Other than the known 'convertible top issue' what else do I need to know about these cars?

I absolutely love the look of the SA and would consider consolidating my sports cars down to just one car and the SA fits my needs (must be top down in the summer time!)

Thanks!

F456M likes this.
  2. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Sorry, this line should read:

Is there any difference between the SA and a regular 575M coupe (besides the top of course)?

3. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    BTW, it doesn't look like the Goldman car has the 'handling package'. How essential is that?

4. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
    I believe the SA H
    The 575 SA HAS 540HP VS 515 ON THE 575M.

5. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    They don’t become less rare, so I would suppose the market will go up in a long term perspective. There were one manual 575 SA that went for about 950.000 dollars a couple of years ago. It shows the willingness to pay much for a super rare car (that you also can use every day if you like).

6. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    The 575 SA had all the upgrades accrued over the life of the 575, plus a full portfolio of options including the GTC package. As with all of these cars, options, mileage, and service are key. The SA also had an annoying (and pricey) issue with their roof delaminating. Any purchase should come with a close evaluation.

7. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    It is hard to say the SA is a fine car but back before 2013 or so they could be purchased for 220 to 250 .... Then we had that spike in prices from 2014 till 2017 and the prices shot up they were selling in the 400s or so ... I was looking at a SA that was at a Ferrari dealer priced at 230k and I considered it but all of a surdden it was shown as sold and back on the market for 450k I passed....
    So is it worth 280 or 400 .. beats me .. but they start looking pretty attractive at this pricing ....

rob lay and Parnelli like this.