Lusso dead? | FerrariChat

Lusso dead?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Eric360, Sep 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chouch

chouch Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2008
    It clears the V12 production line for Ferrari to pump out as many 812 GTS and upcoming 812 GTO (I hope they go with 812 Superfaster...) as they can before that SUV comes out.

Hopefully they wont replace the FF / GT4C by a single SUV.
    I still think the original FF is Ferrari's best kept secret.

TJsBeer, Maggio23 and SECRET like this.
  2. lusso.

lusso. Rookie

Sep 1, 2020
    Full Name:
    chris chris
    Great timing for mine to show up today...........

SECRET and vraa like this.
  3. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    D'oh!

4. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Last units off the production line with changes/fixes for every known kink, warranty problem, production challenge, top customer issue, delivery complaint, and quality issue that Ferrari was willing to address are honestly what I'd love to be able to say my car has. Your vehicle likely also has hardware with the most design iterations on problem areas of the car - things that may not necessarily be known to the public.

Overall I think the news is good.

For those of us that enjoy the Lusso, keeping production limited keeps the FF/Lusso a special thing. It also allows platforms like the SF90 and Roma to develop the new interiors, GPF-constrained engines, hybrid powertrains, and other new tech to be ironed out should Ferrari decide to bring back a shooting brake platform.

Enjoy it!

Caeruleus11 and 635CSI like this.
  5. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  7. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    The last of its kind, I genuinely feel they will never the make another V12/V8 hot hatch! Its one of my favourite cars in my stable and one of Ferrari's best kept secrets.

8. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    As I wrote at the end of last year, Lusso is gone and the new four seaters will be the Purosangue (2022). We learned this as they denied a Taylor Made Lusso due to the production stop planned for this year. The Covid gave some extra time, but it was planned and expected.

ciao

Caeruleus11, SECRET and greg328 like this.
  9. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I would be genuinely surprised if the next 4 seater has a V12. As a "volume" model it makes sense to offer it with GT (aka detuned) versions of the V8 and V6 hybrid powertrains (and lower fleet emission while amortising powertrain development costs). Probably also the reason why it has been delayed so much. I am guessing the original roadmap was to launch the SF90Stradale and V6 hybrid Little Brother earlier (and have no F8 Tributo) and then the Purosangue.

SECRET and 350MH83 like this.
  10. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Purosangue and V6 Hybrid will definitely be keys to keep the possibility of a limited production V12 in the mix.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  11. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Alberto, buy the Purosangue with the most exiting engineo_O

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    The Lusso and the FF made Ferrari unique amongst exotic car manufacturers, the SUV will just make it compliant..

13. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Agree, but it s very different from other brands. Nothing to do with a URUS for exemple.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  14. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Correct: Purosangue won't have the Urus sharp edges

Ciao

15. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    It is logical for Ferrari to end the Lusso. The reality is that SUV / pick up truck is the dominant platform due to public demand, and not a sport station wagon. Even Mercedes Volvo and BMW have accepted this reality.

it still remains to be seen if it makes sense for Ferrari to offer models in the space.

Rolls Royce and Bentley are happy to charge half a million dollars to their luxury focused customers.

I’m not sure who is the buyer for the Ferrari SUV. Do you think it is the traditional Ferrari owner of the sports and GT cars? Or do you think it is a new customer, who wants to experience the F1 heritage and racing spirit while driving the inescapable reality of a huge massive and heavy lump?

16. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    So, Puro apart, no more four seater long nose coupes? (Real four seaters) That’s the end of a long and noble lineage. With, in that case, a very fitting send off with the Lussos, fantastic combination of refinement, performance, class and sheer joy. Hooning the T, with its turbo kick and RWD, around wet winter roads here was as fun as Ferraris should be.

17. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Great news as far as I'm concerned.

To own one of the last 4 seat Ferrari V12 true supercars :) And no, an SUV will *never* be a supercar, no matter its power or engine.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  18. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    I believe Ferrari F1 already shows the direction they are taking...its breathes SUV all around.

19. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Is it the first time there is no closed top front engine V12 currently produced at maranello since the 550 ?

Caeruleus11 and 456-boy like this.
  20. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Ferrari was always about a collection of brilliant artisans now it’s accounts, We should be grateful we still have the Patek Philippe’s of this world.

jjmalez likes this.
  21. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    812SF is still being produced right?

22. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier

Nope. Production ceased one or two weeks ago. Hence my question ;)

456-boy likes this.
  23. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    And to answer your question, unfortunately yes you’re right: there is currently no V12 top-closed coupé being produced at Maranello

dcmetro likes this.
  24. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    My October 15, 2019 post. Based on what told me an Fchat member who works for Ferrari

ciao