360 Scan Tool for roof reset? | FerrariChat

360 Scan Tool for roof reset?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Shawnneep, Aug 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shawnneep

Shawnneep Rookie

Aug 1, 2020
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Shawn Neep
    I could really use some advice. i purchased a 2002 360 Spider which the dealer had a problem getting the roof back up on. the managed to raise the roof manually but of course it still has the warning.
    I live in northern New Mexico and im doubtful theres a scan tool nearby so im considering purchasing one.
    I am a pretty advanced mechanic and have several high end scan tools which of course dont speak italian lol.
    Do i need a scan tool to reset the roof and if so which is the current best bang for the buck? i did search and read a bunch about the launch, texa and AE but much was older info.
    Also can i just put the roof back down manually and leave it for the time being?

jag-oo-r likes this.
  2. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Having just recently purchased the Launch X431 PROS Mini, I'll tell you the thing is FANTASTIC. I haven't specifically looked for roof functions for the Ferrari, but I HAVE used it for roof functions on the BMW / Mini, and I've used it for other advanced functions on the Ferrari. I'd be very surprised if it doesn't support roof functions on the F-Car. If nobody can confirm before tomorrow, I'll be happy to go plug mine in and see what we can navigate to for ya.

3. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I have a older x431 and it is great

I heard the launch thinkdiag is a good tool for low 100 for one vehicle for one year as well

I will try to see if there is a reset roof in manual ..I don't remember a reset for that ..most likely one if the sensors is bad (which the code reader will show you) ..but I will come back if I find something ..looking now

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

4. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I just looked ..I only have a 360 coupe type Wsm ..but I did look at the 430 spider and there wasn't any mention of using SD2 to reset top .. so I think looking at data streams of all the sensors will be the way to go .. maybe someone with the x431 can show the data stream from their 360 spider

5. Shawnneep

Shawnneep Rookie

Aug 1, 2020
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Shawn Neep
    Thank you guys for the help so far

6. rudkinjc

rudkinjc Rookie

Apr 27, 2019
    Jacksonville Fl
    Full Name:
    Joe C Rudkin II
    I'm looking at buying this to work on my 360. Do you know if you can bleed the F1 pump and check PIS with this. I've heard it works on the 430 but haven't been able to confirm the 360. Thank you

7. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    All depends on tcu version ...it definitely works on CS TCU ..but not sure if it works in "normal" TCU and which year version of it ..I know that early 360 TCU it doesn't work