360 - Suspected Blown Headgasket in my 360 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 Suspected Blown Headgasket in my 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by SRLC716, May 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    new clutch and components if not recently replaced.

New clutch and components if not recently replaced. Eurospares are my go to for parts.

SRLC716 likes this.
  2. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Clutch and throw out.

Robb

SRLC716 likes this.
  3. voicey

voicey Formula 3

Jul 29, 2009
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Aldous Voice
    You can't take too much off the heads otherwise the inlet manifold wont fit. I would also be replacing the exhaust valve guides (at a minimum) - I use the Supertech guides but they require a little more machine work than the factory ones.

At the bottom, the big end bolts are one time use only. I always replace part number 176643 - I have had a couple leak here and the part is cheap. I would strongly recommend a new oil pump chain tensioner. Also renew the sump baffle (173623) as they go brittle and are cheap.

Disassemble the oil pump and inspect it carefully. The last engine we did had a chunk missing out of one of the gears.

SRLC716 likes this.
  4. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    >> Disassemble the oil pump and inspect it carefully. The last engine we did had a chunk missing out of one of the gears.

I rebuilt a Triumph Spitfire engine and left that little bit out. The second time I rebuilt the engine it lasted a lot longer.

SRLC716 likes this.