430 - Timing Chain Wear Inspection | FerrariChat

430 Timing Chain Wear Inspection

Discussion in '360/430' started by jag-oo-r, May 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Hey y'all!
    So Dan L. (Whatheheck) didn't leave me much in the way of maintenance to be done on this car; impeccable!
    However: I'm about to hit the 43,750 mile mark, where Ferrari recommends a Timing Chain Wear Inspection.

I can find NO INFORMATION online about this procedure. It is not mentioned in my WSM. Here on this forum, if I get broad in the search terms "430 timing chain" all I get is thread-upon-thread of why a 430 over a 360. If I narrow the search, I turn-up ZERO.

Does anybody have any information they can share about this? How is this done? I am aware of the many 430's with many more miles than this who haven't done the inspection with no detrimental effects. However: I'd like to keep-up the unimpeachable maintenance history on this car, and this should be part of it (if it's reasonably accomplished, that is; I am not removing an engine to "check" something that shows no outward signs of wear)

TIA

2. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    I have noticed this just as you have and according to the dealer and an indy it requires pulling the engine. However, Ferrari has changed the schedule and excluded the chain check. The dealers don´t do it anymore and according to the dealer that i spoke to there is no need for it. You will here rattles and get a check engine light if there is ever an issue. There are F430:s with more then 100k miles without any issues with the chain so my advice is to forget about it and keep maintaining the car.

Robb and flash32 like this.