Replacing the mousehair on the dashboard | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Replacing the mousehair on the dashboard

Discussion in '206/246' started by simonc, Jan 14, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    Reading old threads about the mouse hair fabric. Here is the link to HVL who is reproducing the original with the original machines. Will not fade like the original as it is now made with modern materials but apparently a perfect match, unlike some places offering a similar fabrics that is not like the one used in the Ferraris of the time.

http://www.hvl-autobekleding.nl/index.htm

2. daytonaman

daytonaman Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    howard pigdon
  3. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    I read this thread again and failed to find the posting of that link anywhere in the thread, so not sure about why the "again" statement is used. I do miss things however, and just saw your suggestion in another thread I tried to help with. Thanks.

I was being very specific that HVL ( a master upholsterer specializing in Ferraris ) is producing the fabric for anyone, even other master upholsterers, to use. In what I have read in multiple threads, the problem is not finding a qualified upholsterer in your area of the planet, it's finding this very specific fabric, and there are a few fabrics that are used by even reputable upholsterers that are not a great match, and by reading a lot about this subject, seems a lot of shops are not aware that a better and more authentic alternative exists that is made on the original machines that produced the original product in the first place.

Just hope this helps someone who goes to their local master upholsterer and is told they have "something similar" that is just not the same. Big deal if this is a top end restoration that matters.

Jamie H likes this.
  4. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Jamie H likes this.
  5. Jamie H

Jamie H Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 28, 2009
    Puslinch,ON
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Having used Henks material, I can only comment that he has put his typical attention to detail into this product. I have a number of off cuts left over and would be happy to mail a sample to anyone who would like to see it before ordering.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using FerrariChat.com mobile app