Sly_G's GTS QV rebuild thread | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Sly_G's GTS QV rebuild thread

Discussion in '308/328' started by Sly_G, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sly_G

Sly_G Karting

Mar 5, 2015
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Sylvain
    Thanks for sharing the numbers! It's always interesting to have open comparisons between builds.

Mark, your build is one of a kind, in a completely different league :) I've been following your post for a long time and I am quite impressed (the least to say) with the skills, the work and the result. Can't wait to see it back on the road and the dyno results when you finish the rebuild.

2. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    Thanks for the kind words and always happy to share numbers...my only fear is that people see them and think they are "right" or magic in some way. In my case I went the high flow route so limiting seat to seat cam duration is pretty important to keeping usable low-end power, just changing the lash changes the hp significantly in the simulations.. Also the TR head exhaust is just not as good as the QV so the simulations said it really needed a bit more duration. That's my engine.

An engine like yours with stock ports, well, its going to respond nicely to more duration and will tolerate quite a bit more seat duration before the bottom-end suffers so what is radical duration to me becomes modest duration to you and what sounds like an ideal street cam. With everything I've read here I'd guess you're heading for about 280hp and it should be pulling right to redline. With ITBs getting it to come off idle smoothly is always a concern but you have a good ECU which will help, if you still struggle the multiMAP think I made seems to work really well getting a good MAP signal to the ECU, I was really shocked how nicely my engine seemed to be doing on that front.

Great project, looking forward to seeing you out driving it :)

3. Sly_G

Sly_G Karting

Mar 5, 2015
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Sylvain
    #81 Sly_G, Apr 9, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  4. Sly_G

Sly_G Karting

Mar 5, 2015
    Lausanne, Switzerland