Purchasing first 458 | FerrariChat

Purchasing first 458

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Sullivank02, Apr 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sullivank02

Sullivank02 Rookie

Apr 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Starting to research to purchase my first 458. Any suggestions/ issues I should be looking for? Red flags, ect? Appreciate the assistance!

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    50/50 shot your are some 17 yr old kid. if you are, stop and save all of us the agita.
    if you arent, literally dozens and dozens of the same exact question over the past X years.
    the DCT is an achilles heel and can cost 7 to 9K to fix.
    search and you will find everything
    the 458 is an amazing car that can change your life.

Sullivank02 likes this.
  3. Sullivank02

Sullivank02 Rookie

Apr 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Appreciate the response. Quite a few years away from 17. I'll run a search. Figured I'd ask straight away rather than shuffling through a bunch of nonsense. I'll look into the DCT. Looks like a heavy review of the service records and a pre-inspection is highly recommended as well. I also saw the 10's and 11's can have some issues with the transmission. Looks like they fixed it in 12. Thanks!

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Yes and u can also buy a power warranty for like 7k a year. I prefer to self insure but the warranty can eliminate Alot of the risk. I wldnt be afraid of a car with 20k miles. Depends what u wanna do witb it. They’re pretty bullet proof cars

Find a cple cars that catch your eye and
    post them in a new thread and you will get useful feedback. 458 is flawless and timeless and many here prefer it to 488. The 458 is as close to a supercar as you can get. To think that’s attainable for under 200k is mind boggling. There is no better use of that price.

Sent from my iPhone using MotorInteractive

tekaefixe likes this.
  5. eskanday

eskanday Karting

Jun 21, 2017
    This is an excellent video to help you