458 - Arrived this morning! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

458 Arrived this morning!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ModerateMike, Apr 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. barkanddex

barkanddex Rookie

Apr 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Natalie
    I must be deaf because I can barely hear it with the top up. My husband Mike prob will insert joke here.

Rory breaker likes this.
  2. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

So happy for you both. Enjoy the new rig. Safe travels and all the best man, Kirk

barkanddex likes this.
  3. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    In a similar vein, Virginia has a temp tag you can get online to move(drive) a car. You apply online and tape the authorization in the rear window. I did this about 8 years ago and believe the cost was around $10.

kfmcmahon922, barkanddex and ryalex like this.
  4. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    P.S.

Where are my manners?

CONGRATULATIONS!

It's a beauty.

barkanddex likes this.
  5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Novitec and ur done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rory breaker and barkanddex like this.
  6. eskanday

eskanday Karting

Jun 21, 2017
    The dealer should be able to get you temporary tag. They may have to collect taxes to register the car for you so they can issue temporary tags. This will depend on the 2 states rules..
    I bought mine from Florida and registered it in Maryland but the dealer had to collect Maryland taxes so they can issue me a temporary tag.
    Congrats and would start with pulling the vacuum lines. It is easy and cheap. After you try it then you decide if you want different exhaust or valve controller or just keep it as is.

barkanddex likes this.
  7. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Congrats!
    Love delivery vids!
    Looks sharp!

Sent from my 16M

barkanddex likes this.
  8. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Natalie, I also have an F430 along with my 458. My 430 has Fabspeed headers and Fuchs exhaust. It’s loud. The 458 is definitely more tame, however I added a valve controller and always drive in race mode. The experience is so much better (with valves open), and I like the refined sound of the 458 (now) than my “raspier” 430. I heard a 458 a few weeks ago with a Kline exhaust. THAT was music to my ears.

barkanddex likes this.
  9. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Congratulations on the new car… Looks beautiful!

have an F430 spider, de- catted, and I just love the sound of it. Really want to step up at some point to a 458, but afraid that I will miss the rawness of this car. Luckily we all have choices. Drive and enjoy!!

P.s. is the OPs wife barkanddex? If so, how cool is that that you and your wife share a car.!! My wife is absolutely terrified of driving mine

(Maybe I’m lucky. )

barkanddex likes this.
  10. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Congratulations! Enjoy in excellent health!!

barkanddex likes this.
  11. barkanddex

barkanddex Rookie

Apr 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Natalie
    Thanks for all the input! I’ll enjoy it and start researching with starting with a valve controller and adding on from there. Yes I’m the OP’s wife! I think he created a monster with the first Ferrari, because it’s a race to the garage on a sunny day!

cole328 likes this.
  12. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Congrats guys! As for exhaust, I went from stock to FabSpeed (what stock should have been) to Kline with 200 cell cats. It’s waaaayy better and meets my needs. I’ve heard straight pipes - too loud for me....

barkanddex likes this.
  13. kfmcmahon922

kfmcmahon922 Karting

Jan 2, 2011
    East Amherst, NY
    Full Name:
    Kevin McMahon
    awesome!
    having the sticky buttons fixed on my car but she should be on the road by the end of the week...I miss it after seeing yours even though I have been driving the Evora and V12VS...such a beautiful, elegant, small shape the 458 has ;)

barkanddex likes this.
  14. Bad Boys 1

Bad Boys 1 Karting

Mar 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Michael M
    In Nj motor vehicle is shut down.

I also purchased from Newport Beach in Dec '19

took a while to get reg and plates.

In Jersey there is a 90 day extension on any mv requirements.

I would say call ins co ...then drive it.

I have one of my cars in Durham right now... Is that near you?

15. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    You’re killing me, Natalie!

It is indeed true that the Spider has a smoother stock setting than the Italia, and that includes the exhaust’s note. The car is indeed very civilized in any manettino setting below Race.

However, you can indeed make it much more aggressive in terms of noise. Straight pipes and Capristo/Novitec/Akrapovic for starters. An ECU flash may also make it more fun. The sky’s the limit. That ought to be enough to stop you missing the F430’s sound. A considerable number of owners here have that setup, so I’m sure they’ll check in shortly.

I commend you for wanting your car to sound louder and better than stock. That’s a telltale sign of a true petrolhead.

One question if I may: I’ve read that you’re not satisfied with sound inside the cockpit. Have you tried opening the read window with the top up? Does it get better and closer to what you were expecting, or is it irrelevant overall?

Kind regards,

Nuno.

barkanddex likes this.
  16. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    congrats!

barkanddex likes this.