430 - can my 2.5 year old ride in my spider with a carseat? Have you done it? | FerrariChat

430 can my 2.5 year old ride in my spider with a carseat? Have you done it?

Discussion in '360/430' started by goto35march, Apr 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
    read all threads and they g from you crazy to yes ive done it.

im in cali and would like to talke my 2.5 year. what seat do you guys recommend?

its going to be front facing so do i need to turn off airbag?

hazimaw likes this.
  2. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I would think it is fine, definitely turn off the airbag and don't do over 120 or so! Saw a guy a couple years ago with his 10 month old in his Lambo spider....I think he had her backward facing somehow...would be better I'd think

3. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
  4. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    Yes, not a problem, just make sure you get a car seat that fits and turn off the passenger side airbag.

5. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
    thanks! will find a small red seat :)

6. PA32Pilot

PA32Pilot Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2020
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Jamie Kirk
    jc1, hazimaw, Manda racing and 2 others like this.
  7. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    My kids had done a 1000 mile motorcycle trip before starting kindergarten

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

hazimaw likes this.
  8. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
    Lol!

9. DrPaul

DrPaul Karting

Dec 27, 2018
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Full Name:
    Paul M. Strickler
    Before I had my 430, I had a 308 and used to take the young kids in it all the time, in their regular car seat. One time though, we had the sheriff stop over to the house, as they had a report that I had my child in the car without a car seat. Someone had seen us that day--I was just driving leisurely through a local state park--and the seat set so low I guess you could not readily see it, so someone called it in that I was endangering my child.

Other than that one incident, I did it many, many times without an issue.

10. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I have taken both my daughters in my Ferraris since they were very small. They now have learned not to cry when I hit the redline.
    Seriously though, it's all a numbers game and an insurance policy. I have not had a single incident in any of my cars where my kids needed to be wearing a seat belt, let alone be in a car seat.
    Still, they will wear both, and still, statistically, they would be safer going from A to B, or A to A, in an Isofix tethered car seat in the back of (say) a G class Mercedes than in a loose car seat in the front of a 430.
    The accident that would prove that has not happened, and I hope it won't, but these are all different stages of calculated risk.