Pista resalé proposition | FerrariChat

Pista resalé proposition

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Art138, Apr 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    So now that I cancelled my F8 which did not even go to order status been looking at Pistas. Found one with color I want at pandemic prevailing prices. With 58 miles and a 2020. Only deal breaker was no radio . Second one I found had radio bit no suspension lifter. I normally keep cars for two years.....question: how hard will it been in the future to sell these cars without these features
    Yes they will take a dip financially but how about selling them.

2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I have the radio delete and its ideal for this car. No lift either. Just extra crap you dont need.

chrixxx, Avia11, SAFE4NOW and 3 others like this.
  3. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Not having a radio gives a very large penalty to resale. Only an air-con delete would give a larger penalty.

I'm willing to bet I know which non-radio car you are looking at. It has a very competitive price and a good spec all around, yet if you sorted Car Gurus by "oldest listings" that car will be at the top. That should indicate how the market desires radios.

Lifters are generally desirable, but missing them isn't the resale killer that they are on say, Porsche GT cars. I would say 75% of cars were optioned with that.

Caeruleus11, Napoli, Viperjoe and 2 others like this.
  4. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I didn’t want the radio either, but was advised to order it. Lifter is piece of mind, but I’ve never NEEDED it driving around.

arizonaitalian and Caeruleus11 like this.
  5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Both are unneeded for a track oriented car. Just extra weight.

LVP488 and johnr265 like this.
  6. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    I ordered mine without lifter. Generally not an issue but obviously some will argue vehemently the opposite. Lifter only helps if you use it and I know plenty who forget or don’t bother and get scrapes anyway. The scrapes if they happen can only be seen when under the car. I’ve never heard of those scrapes affecting resale values unless you crack something. Dealers don’t even check when you are trading in a car. Agree that this car clearance is about 2 inches higher in front than a Porsche GT3.

Gh21631 likes this.
  7. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I don’t disagree. Purely for resale purposes. I’ve never turned any radio on in any Ferrari. I’m not sure how to be honest. Ha!

8. GoHardGT3RS

GoHardGT3RS Karting

Jan 1, 2015
    Germany
    I would recommend a car with radio for resale.

Lifter: I took it on mine despite the high clearance of this car (surprisingly high for this kind of model!) to be on the safe side when loading/unloading the car on a trailer. Apart from this situation, no need for a lift on this car I would say. I guess not KO criteria for resale not to have it.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  9. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia
    In talking with those that sell cars they tell me that "no radio" is a deal breaker for nearly all buyers, "no-lift" eliminates fewer, but still most want it. However most cars have lift and nearly all cars have radios, therefore demand probably somewhat matches supply.

My dealer said 2 options were must have - radio and lift. If you could get a similar deal on a pista with these options I would, if you can't, I think you may have your answer.

10. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    #10 Coincid, Apr 18, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    Lifter is definitely not necessary. Even with it, it takes ony a single incident when you forget to use it and the bottom scrapes. The lifter may be useful if it is GPS activated. Radio may be more of an issue but many , including me, never turn it on. Less weight is always a positive. Air conditioning is a must.

johnr265 and Gh21631 like this.
  11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I just never find the need for it unless it's a longer trip then I'll stream to a BT speaker which sounds as good as the stock system, maybe better. Even in my F12 I find myself turning it all the way down.

12. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hmmm....I have a 488GTB and I turn on the radio every now and then...you know, just to see if it works! LOL I love the 488 sound and that's my music....Truth told I do have the suspension lift. However, neither would be a deal breaker if I was searching for a 488 Pista! BTW....the Pista is such a gorgeous car!!! Wow....Ferrari got everything right! That Twin Turbo V8 just screams!!! Good Luck with the purchase.

Viperjoe likes this.
  13. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    its already a big heavy car - get the radio and the lift for sure.

epah, Avia11, Caeruleus11 and 4 others like this.
  14. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    There is a reason this car is “competitively priced”. Absence of Radio and lifter will affect the resale value just like the absence of a stripe Some here will say it is not a big deal but ultimately the market will decide and you can tell by how long a car has been sitting on the market not the opinion on this board. If you like the car get it BUT, just as it is “competitive priced” when you got it you have to price similarly when you try to sell.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  15. 9650max

9650max Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2011
    Had a Scuderia with no radio. It wasn’t an issue at all on resale and certainly didn’t miss it when driving. I wouldn’t let either item stop me from buying a car I liked. I have no interest in having a lifter if buying new.

Gh21631 likes this.
  16. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    My personal thoughts is to agree. Pista, Speciale, Scud, etc. are track inspired cars, not racecars. They are still designed primarily for road use, but with some of that track focused magic sprinkled in. If you want a dedicated track car, buy a race car or gut a street car beyond recognition.

JackCongo and nmcclure like this.
  17. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #17 ttforcefed, Apr 18, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    on FF or lusso u dont need a lifter...on speciale and pista id def get one...

obbob, dustman and dhlnb like this.
  18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The interface is awful, the speakers are maybe $20 from the lowest cost vendor. With all of the carbon or hard surfaces in these cars its only good for talk radio.

19. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    No lift on my Pista and I have a fairly steep driveway and I take it up and down on my lift regularly. Never ever have come close to scraping. Never needed it on my 488, have never needed it on my Pista. GH is right- it’s extra weight and another thing to break in the future.

Radio- as much as it sucks, I wouldn’t buy a car without it.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

Nice contrast there, they look good together

LVP488 and SoCal to az like this.
  21. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    If it's the titanio one at FSV I've flirted with that car too, it's a beautiful spec. No radio would be a deal breaker for me, in fact I am for sure in the minority but I'd even prefer HiFi optioned over a lot of the carbon. I drive my cars everywhere I can and running Spotify is a big part of that.

With the lifter, on the Pista I would probably want it but could live without it. I've scraped the underside of my Speciale already which is the black plastic and no carbon front or rear on my car, most Pistas I see are optioned with carbon everything near the ground. Nicking that would sting.

YMMV

dhlnb likes this.
  22. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Have a 16M with an old gen 3 iPod lol. Never use it...listen to the reverberating exhaust symphony

Sent from my 16M

Avia11 and Gh21631 like this.
  23. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    That is one of the ones I toyed with, but no suspension lifter or radio... They will let it go for 400 thousand..about 15 thousand over sticker. I passed.

24. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    can we do retrofit the oem radio?

25. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I dont think so, it wouldn't be worth the cost. Better solution is BT speakers. There are some decent options out there. Let's face it the Ferrari system sucks and most use their phones to stream anyways.