Fiorino Owners and Cognoscenti: Info Needed | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Fiorino Owners and Cognoscenti: Info Needed

Discussion in '612/599' started by Redneck Slim, Feb 17, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jkay

Jkay Karting

Jan 9, 2017
    What's the difference may I ask between motronic 7.1.1 and 7.3.2?

Thanks
    Jkay

2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Just read through this thread before realising it's a resurrection...
    Anyway I noticed it's mentioned that the CCM brakes needed the Challenge rims, which is not true; my 2007 599 had CCM (as an option then) with the standard wheels (19" at the front).
    I do not have my documentation at hand where I'm staying now, but I know there was a change in fiscal power (from 60 CV to 58 CV) related to a decrease in official EC consumption / emission figures between MY07 and MY08; that may be linked to the motronic change and/or the gearbox amanagement (because of the way these figures are tested).
    If needed I can check when I go back to France (2 weeks from now) the equipment differences between different MY; for instance the rear parking sensors were always standard but at some point the front ones became standard also (they where optional at the beginning).

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    See post #7.

4. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    I have a 612 and I absolutely agree with that. For whatever reason the person that originally ordered my car only got rear parking sensors, not front. I can't tell you how frustrating that is.

5. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    I also know that Taz will say that real men don't use parking sensors.

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Ron- None on mine, so I would not know. I usually try to park where you would not need them. May mean walking a bit, but works for me. Do not use the stereo, either. Spoils the V12 music.

7. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 7, 2006
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gary Robinson
  8. James Murdock

James Murdock Rookie

Mar 15, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    Big Jim
    On the search for a UK 599 this is great information, just not sure weather to pay extra to move up from 2007 to day 2009 onwards it’s about 25k - 35k dollars more, any comment welcome

9. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    I am not aware of any differences in model years other than certain items like carbon brakes becoming standard instead of optional and the availability of HGTE in 2009 (a great option for which you will pay $$). Other than HGTE,the cars all perform the same. Condition.mileage,etc. are what matter.

10. gphodge

gphodge Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 15, 2010
    Washington
    I was looking at getting another 360 as I like the pure simpleness of them but the 599 and V12 has my interest since the prices have come down some lately and after watching some video's of Fabio's 6 into 1 exhaust system.

How long does the clutches last in the 599 as I was looking at a late 2007 2 owner with 25k miles but looks to be on the original clutch and when are you having issues with the variator control solenoids 250646 needing replacing as they tend to leak oil into the wires causing faults. I have also read that coolant issues as well with the 599 hoses and radiators and could you point me to which one's have issues. I know about the fuel pump issues as with just about all 360/430 and also the 599, any issues with the CCM brakes and any other issues to be concerned about.