New Lusso Owner Impressions | Page 3 | FerrariChat

New Lusso Owner Impressions

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by dustman, Mar 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I'm sure you'd be much happier in Lambo land. Seems like the loud noise and flashyness is the most important to you.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    355 and 430 are the solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    BEAUTIFUL!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I agree all around. In your case I’d say 458 spider is a great choice. My roads are very bumpy and I found the spider too jiggly for my tastes. If you want to enhance the sport factor on the 458 its fairly easy to do with a few companies that make parts. Aside from looks, the 812 is a stunning achievement. The problem is its a hypercar drivetrain and near experience in a GT format car. So people expect it to be a GT when in reality it’s personality is almost hypercar- except the cabin is a GT style cabin, and the exterior is GT style, and unfortunately front engine is either out of style or going out of style fast. I think they were channeling the Daytona when they styled the 812, but I think the world will look back at the 812 as actually very similar to the Daytona- the last of its kind and wen’t out very much on top. It’s probably a drop easier in terms of wife factor, the 458 you sit low. But I think the 458 still has it when it comes to playfulness and will feel that much more special and unique.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

JTSE30 and tscud like this.
  5. tscud

tscud Karting

Jan 16, 2014
    San Diego
    I really appreciate your feedback, makes a lot of sense. What exactly are you referring to with companies that enhance the sport factor, suspension, exhaust?

Also, sorry to the original poster for hijacking your thread. Congrats again on your Lusso.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Loud yes.
    Pista was flashier than perf.

7. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    When I test drove a Lusso this past weekend, half way through the drive the car said “Manettino fault” “ESC Fault” and put itself in wet mode. The dealer said it’s likely a result of a low battery as the car had sat for a while. Is that a common fault when the battery runs low or should I think it’s some bigger issue?

8. tscud

tscud Karting

Jan 16, 2014
    San Diego
    Already had the Scud, have zero interest in a 430. Haven't driven a 355, but I am not drunk on the Ferrari kool aide so would consider so many other cars at the price and performance point of a 355. I love ferrari's and yet so many other brands.

9. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I would say battery. It throws so many odd issues when battery is out. If @ Ferrari dealer, don’t sweat it. They will sort. If you have a Tesla already, dont get Lusso. Go mid engine.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  10. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I have an M5 and was planning on replacing M5 with the Lusso. I was sort of surprised how much quicker the M5 is versus the Lusso. Below 5k RPM the Lusso feels sort of slow. Pulls great above 5k.

11. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Interesting take, seems like the V12 is the magnum opus from Maranello as good as the mid engine V8s are

The first time I experienced the F12, it left an indelible mark on me.. maybe its the more GT orientation of those cars vs "racecar" feeling with the engine a foot behind you

12. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    +1 on the battery.

13. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Going to keep the M5 for now. Had to lay off a couple more people today and the boss coming in with a new Ferrari isn’t a great look. The M5 is so much quicker than Lusso below 80 mph it’s crazy how hard it pulls.

14. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Love that interior! It's my fav current new Ferrari. It does everything well.

mthompson2376 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  15. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    You just need to rev the V12 and it will be the quicker of the two. Anyway, prudent decision in today's sorry economic state.

Natkingcolebasket69 and Jo Sta7 like this.
  16. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I’m still tempted to buy the car when we come out of this in my state hopefully in May. If the market behaves It will make my decision easier.

17. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Can't speak to the 458 but the 812 is definitely the fastest Ferrari I have owned and it checks all those boxes for date night and long trips. It has the room in the back for two good suitcases in addition to the parcel shelf. The cockpit is very roomy and the controls are all up to date and better than what's in the 458 and older cars. The speed and power of the car are amazing and I am still in the break in period so I haven't run it to the top of the leds yet, well maybe once. A motorcycle tried to race me off the line and I dusted him. I slowed down and he caught up and gave me a thumbs up. The passenger told me I hit 100mph, I was surprised how fast it hit 100.

tscud, ANOpax and Caeruleus11 like this.
  18. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Indeed an incredibly fast car. The 812 is very good at making the driver feel special. I don't have any TdF experience, so won't venture into that can of worms, but when it comes to making the drive an event and special, it is right up there with the Pista Spider. It truly amazes me how the 812 bridges the gap between sportscar and GT car. Yes, it is in Ferraris sport segment, and does feel more like a sports car than a GT, but it is most definitely a real "supercar" with all the excitement and emotion that comes with that moniker. As for replacing a 458 with an 812? In a heartbeat. Despite it being a front engiend V12, it feels so light and nimble and handles so well. If we discount the VS cars which is a bit of a different segment, I think the 812 is the best Ferrari in decades. It feels special, it drives great, it sounds right, it looks the part. It is an all out masterpiece.

Caeruleus11 and wrs like this.
  19. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Yes, when I first started driving it the hood seemed long but now it's gotten shorter and I can ram it throught the turns with a lot more confidence. The car has good traction albeit the RWS does provide the weird feeling in the corners that I got in the 991tts. The best car through the corners of all I have owned was the 488. It felt very nimble and planted but the 812 is catching it quickly. I have nothing but compliments to pay this car. I personally think it'a a very good looking car if somewhat understated.

20. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    In a word: Amazing. :)

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  21. MarkLusso

MarkLusso Rookie

Apr 19, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    Just brought my lusso back from Arizona to Toronto. I love this car! I have been lucky enough to own many different cars, Ferrari, lambo, mclaren, rolls and this car for me is the best. Totally comfortable tons of storage and easy to drive. Around the tortilla flat it was so much fun. Can hold golf clubs etc. Love it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Went on a few more mountain drives, empty roads, back country.
    What an impressive pice of kit, this LussoV12. There’s something addictive about it. The effort it takes to hustle it safely around corners, the pull of the V12. Sometimes the exhaust note is good and angry. While I absolutely adore the NA V8 in the 458’s, this engine is a masterpiece.
    Understated design just about slips past most people and goes unnoticed.

23. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Yep when i owned both at the same time i used to describe the ff has a 458 with back seats when it came to daily driving. Addicting for sure.

-K1- and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  24. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    When my GTS comes in I may trade the F12 on one. The back seats are actually useable and having room for golf clubs is a must have for me. I do miss my FF - I actually love this shooting brake body style.

25. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    I really believe that we are in different times now, post Covid 19 outbreak, and the financial impact on the western world will be long felt. Ferrari are probably having a serious re-think about the future and what will be appropriate.
    The Lusso and the FF ticks so many boxes, flies under the radar sufficiently so as not to cause unwanted reaction, is now seen as excellent value for money and does for most people in the real world. Limited numbers now production has finished and as time goes they can only become more sought after as it will be the choice between a 2 seater or an SUV. I know where my money is staying.