2010 California items needed | FerrariChat

2010 California items needed

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by SpeedFreak222, Mar 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SpeedFreak222

SpeedFreak222 Rookie

Mar 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Tom Price
    Hello to all,
    I am new to the world of Ferrari ownership having just purchased a 2010 California. So far I LOVE it!!! Should have done it years ago. In any case, there are a few things I need for my car and I have a question or two. Hopefully you all can help.
    The previous owner could not find the owner's manual and he lost one of the keys. Does anyone out there have a complete owner's manual for a 2010 California for sale at a reasonable price? I have the main information on pdf, but I am one of those people that want an actual manual to access whenever. Also, what is the process to obtain an additional key?
    I believe the nearest Ferrari Dealer is in Atlanta (actually not near at all). Is there a source for Ferrari parts via the internet? Simple item I need are the screws that hold the plastic engine beautification panels. I went to put a new battery in and one of the screws was stripped at the head. Would like to have a bag full of them to replace as needed.
    Some of the rubber items, such as the seat control knobs, have a very gummy feel to them. Not sure if it is just age or maybe induced due to a chemical in a cleaner. Has anyone else experienced this issue? How do you reverse the effect? Or, where can one purchase a complete set of seat operating knobs?
    I look forward to seeing the responses and learning more about the community.
    THANKS!!!! Tom

2. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    You'll need stickynomore.com for that gummy stuff,a standard Ferrari issue.

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Welcome to the Ferrari madness! Please post up some pics.

You can get a replacement key from your official deal. I think they need to see proof of ownership, and there is (of course!) a fee involved. It is steep, but many things are in the Ferrari Universe, and I would be too stressed having only a single key.

Ricambi is a possible source of parts, but I do not know if they have small items like screws and such.

Unless FofA is extremely far away, I would stop by and try to establish a relationship with them. I am sure other F-owners in your region can give you the scoop on FoA and doing business with them.

Welcome...T

4. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    And we all hope that the issue of improperly routed wiring in your DCT has already been dealt with.

5. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Congrats on the new purchase.

StickyRX is another alternative for the buttons, he does laser etching which is nice. Google for the URL.

Some people will just use alcohol or other products (oven cleaner) to remove the coating, which can make a real mess, but once you remove it the button is just hard plastic so if you want it as close to original as possible, see above. Many threads about this, just do a quick search for sticky and you'll be deluged. The coating will make a big mess if it goes bad, it gets on everything.

I would check eBay for a manual, or the classifieds here. You may be able to find similar screws without paying the Ferrari tax, perhaps only paying the Maserati tax ; )

The key will cost a mint, but it's a Ferrari key, not much you can do about that.

As said, Ricambi USA is a nice source for parts, there are others, as well. https://www.ricambiamerica.com/

Many vendors and some dealers offer a discount for FChat or a Ferrari Club of America membership.

6. Joshman0531

Joshman0531 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    Whatever you do, don't use alcohol. It burns the plastic and is terrible for leather. I did my 355 and California with a rag and q-tips along with over cleaner. Came out great and no mess. Take your time and it will work just fine. You can find the manual here. I downloaded it and I keep it on my iPad.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/823422/Ferrari-California.html

7. John Geiger

John Geiger Rookie

Aug 8, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    John Geiger
  8. SpeedFreak222

SpeedFreak222 Rookie

Mar 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Tom Price
    THANKS for everyone's help in my new venture of Ferrari ownership. So far I am loving EVERY minute of it!! I own a bunch of cars and motorcycles and this is he coolest so far. I finally found an actual owner's manual with case. Still trying to find a cheaper alternative to the $1100.00 spare key from Ferrari. There has to be a cheaper way. I may take all the pieces off the car and send them out to get the sticky goop off of them. Are there instructions on how to remove all the pieces?
    Has anyone used the factory wind deflector? Any feedback? I use them on other vehicles and like them. If anyone has one they don't use and want to sell it, let me know.
    Again, THANKS for all your help and input!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

tomc likes this.
  9. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Congratulations and welcome!
    Wind deflector works well, I leave it in my Cali T.
    There is a new unused one for sale in the FChat classified thread.
    Enjoy the ride!

10. SpeedFreak222

SpeedFreak222 Rookie

Mar 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Tom Price
    Steve, I think I found the one you were mentioning. I just sent the seller a message. THANKS!! You in Nashville? I used to go there about once a week for sushi at Sonobana!

11. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Congratulations! Beautiful car! Welcome to the club and enjoy the ride! Drive it as often as you can, and leave on the tender when not in use.

12. SpeedFreak222

SpeedFreak222 Rookie

Mar 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Tom Price
    BLAMPEE likes this.
  13. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

Love it!!

I am on the hunt right now for a 2013-14 Cali!

It's been 8 years since I have owned a Ferrari!!!! :D

14. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes live in Nashville we love it here, Have a house on Miramar Beach FL also.

15. SpeedFreak222

SpeedFreak222 Rookie

Mar 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Tom Price
    Steve, We will probably see each other on the road. I live North of Nashville near Clarksville. When I am in Nashville, primarily for sushi at Sonobana, I see tons of Bentleys and Maseratis, but have only seen one Ferrari on the road at Starbucks near St. Thomas West. Was it you? All of my relatives have places in Sand Destin. Haven't been down in a while! Have fun, Tom

16. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I have stock. Like their look. Can't go wrong with either.

For a battery tender, when I got our Cali 4 years ago, I replaced the OEM with a CTEK 7002.
    If you get this, and have HELE, will need to charge in "snowflake" mode.
    I also replaced the original battery with a new one after about 6 mos - 1 year.
    Knock on wood, it's been a solid combo for me since then.
    Enjoy your new F-car...T