Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 130 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Not true, these 3 are neck and neck. What will happen with the Stradale and the rumoured 765 is anyone's guess, but it would be unwise to bet against the 1000 HP (at least up to 210 kph) car.

Slicknick and paulchua like this.
  2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    You make a good point, but I think it's irrelevant because our friend's main point of contention is other makes are at times faster than a Ferrari.

I pointed out this has and always will be inevitable.

However, he laments this, and the lower esteem this fact would bring him during the developmental overlaps with other offerings.

I believe he seeks a car that perhaps is organic in nature and evolves spontaneously as time passes by, thus ensuring indefinite superiority.

@noone1 what do you think?

REALZEUS likes this.
  3. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    rumoured??? The 'rumour' was released earlier today! :p

4. Mohamed Almarzooqi

Sep 1, 2019
    The argument 765LT being a track car is irrelevant because its a road car and can be specced likewise, its like saying also SF90 fiorano a track car.

What made SF90 attractive is reaching the nearly 1000hp mark with Hypercar performance (at launch time) now supercars like 720S and GT2RS showed they are also worthy of beating hypercars, so i always kept thinking what could 765LT achieve while 720S destroying all.... and now its launched and the car being on par with Senna it makes you question SF90 value....

Look Ferrari never meant to be fastest or most powerful or any of that, it meant experience and now with turbocharging the cars lost some of that soul... if SF90 had V12 or NA V8 i will say ok its worth it even if it loses to 765LT (like 448 vs MP4), but it still has TTV8 same as Mclaren which both are on par with each other, the electric motors adds weight and electric only mode (not worth 150K extra price)...

I think Ferrari lost its sight by chasing competition, updating 458 platform every 3-4 years, and now its gonna be updated again in 2-3 years with a V6 hybrid... I believe F8 should never be released and Ferrari kept 488 and just rushed the V6 Hybrid for 2022 release with all new platform, cause SF90 is here to fill that gap in which Ferrari gonna have 3 mid engine cars V12 Hybrid(LaFerrari successor) + V8 Hybrid (SF90) + V6 Hybrid (F8 replacement)..... cause now the lineup looks confusing a bit

5. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I had a really busy day at work and missed the release. I read about it after making my comment.

6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    It looks like you've made some really compelling reasons why the upcoming 765LT is a better choice for you. Glad the community helped steer you in the right direction! Congrats on the switch, and I wish you many miles of happiness.

7. Mohamed Almarzooqi

Sep 1, 2019
    lol im not switching, im just starting an argument with a realistic competitor that so far looks a serious threat to SF90 buyers, some might have not took 765LT into account and wanted to know their opinion after the release of this car... Im a Ferrari fan and love the brand and been happy with all their cars, but had questions in my mind why Ferrari did this and that...

of2worlds likes this.
  8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    As @REALZEUS and I said, without any formal tests of either the SF90 or the 765LT, everything is just speculation. Say for a moment your 'fears' are founded, it is faster, take comfort in knowing if this matters to you, you can you swap. Shouldn't this be a blessing since as you said yourself it would be much cheaper?

9. Mohamed Almarzooqi

Sep 1, 2019
    Any idea SF90 reviews and first drives embargo date? Cant wait longer to see it in action

10. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Considering you have one on order, didn't your dealer tell you? What is your build slot?

11. Mohamed Almarzooqi

Sep 1, 2019
    lol.... I asked for reviews date not my car production slot... my car end of the year....

12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I know that's why I asked what did the dealer tell you? BTW what dealership?

13. Mohamed Almarzooqi

Sep 1, 2019
    Im not sure what my dealer have to do with this but anyway... No he didnt tell me, I was invited for car reveal and was given production slot expectation time thats and submitted my order thats it.... I guessed you know maybe?

14. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #3239 paulchua, Mar 3, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    Yes, I do know, because my dealer told me, that's why I asked. Odd and am surprised they didn't tell you, especially since you have one on order...seriously what dealership? Again, I ask because different dealerships have different first drive availability dates...but again, you should have known this already as somebody that "have been happy with many Ferrari cars" that you were allocated a slot for a Q4 delivery.

15. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Dealers don't typically do media. 5 will get you 10 they have no idea who L.J.K. Setright is or was...

pilotoCS and paulchua like this.
  16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Very true, but they* told me when first drives were offered (as in actual days), as well as general time frame of when media cars will be distributed...

Given our friend doesn't even have the first drive date I find surprising....

*Silicon Valley Ferrari under the Mattoli Automotive Group (Beverly Hills, Ferrari South Bay, Ferrari Westlake) Just to be fair since our friend is very tight lipped all of a sudden, figure I would go first.

of2worlds likes this.
  17. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    If your criteria is to simply have the fastest, then either buy nothing or just swap out every year. There will always be something faster. Tomorrow, next week, next year etc. if you care, I hope you have deep pockets.

If I had a SF90 on order, I honestly wouldn’t care about McLaren anything. One is a Ferrari, the other one isn’t. This of course is MY opinion hence why I’m here and not on McLarenchat or whatever. If it’s going to bother you then I’m sure the 765LT is spectacular, just buy it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

x z8, TheF1BOB and paulchua like this.
  18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Well said! I've been telling him the same exact thing! He is quite impressed with it, going as far as in his own words (starting an argument) that the 765LT is a better buy. I'm just confounded why if he truly feels this way, why is he seeking our approval? Put the deposit down already and drive in good health! I toast to him!

x z8 likes this.
  19. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I have no idea where you're going with this.
    First thing's first.
    The 720S has not destroyed the Pista anywhere. Yes, a 720S on Trofeo R tyres was less than half a second faster on Hockenheim. And? Any given day that could be the other way round. Never mind the fact that in most tests, the Pista is faster than the 720S. So there's that.

Now as for the 765. Right now all we have about that car is assumptions. However, with the SF90, we have a car that has lapped Fiorano almost a second faster than the La F.
    Faster than a Senna? Pure speculation. The Senna is probably the most track focused supercar on the road at the moment, and that is not faster than the SF90, as it is not faster than the La F.
    I think we are looking at a car which is probably a 1.20.0-1.20.5 car, should it run the Fiorano. I know it never will, but comparatively speaking.

So at the moment, lots of speculation, and no actual data points. Doubt very much the 765 will run with the SF90.

As for the 720 and Pista? On average the Pista trumps the 720, but they are closely matched

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Andrew97, paulchua and gowthamn like this.
  20. Slicknick

Slicknick Karting

Oct 15, 2019
    Willebroek, Belgium
    Full Name:
    N. Y. Yazgan
    And when is that btw?

paulchua likes this.
  21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #3246 paulchua, Mar 3, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    For SVF it's July, for "First Drives" media June and instrumented tests late in the year Dec time frame.

22. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    New LT is ugly. SF90 is slightly better.
    Lets see what other joys SF90 can give to us. Price is not that bad either. Only slightly more than 812.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

of2worlds likes this.
  23. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just an FYI, the 765 isn't on par with Senna. How could it be? It has less power, more weight, and way less downforce. Ok, it have slightly different gearing, but that's about it.

The Senna was way faster than the 720S, like 5s, even after the latest test with the Trofeo R. 765 is fast, but it's no Senna. Is it better value than a Senna? Maybe, but that's a different question.

Il Co-Pilota and gowthamn like this.
  24. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Why would you trust times at Fiorano when they all coincidentally end up being perfectly round numbers that conveniently place the car in the "right" pecking order each time? I certainly don't believe the F12 TDF is faster than the Pista on any track... other than Fiorana.

The SF90 lapped Fiorana .5s faster than an LF on old Pzeros. LF will wipe the floor with the SF90 on the same tires if we are to assume the Fiorana lap times are legit. The difference in tires from 2013 to 2020 is likely several seconds on even such a short track.

Senna is likely a fair bit quicker than the LF as well. LF has a little more power, but the Senna is massively lighter and have massively more aero. The power only goes so far. The old hypercars were as quick as they were largely because they just had so much more power than everything else and it was still in the range of it being usable. Cars like the 720S and Pista have proven that they have enough power in the sweet spot for tracks that the differences aren't as huge. LF will still run away from a Senna at the very high speeds, but unless the track has super long straights, it's not going to really matter.

I have don't really know where the 765LT will end up. It will be quick. Will it be quicker than SF90 on a track? No idea. If I had to guess, it will be close. Neither of these cars will be anywhere near a Senna though.

25. Mohamed Almarzooqi

Sep 1, 2019
    Exactly for example when Porsche were asked about 918 beaten by GT2RS they said 8-9 years of tyres technology is the difference also GT2RS power easier to handle and they expect with new tech they can be on par..... as for LaFerrari being faster than Senna like some said last time i checked at Portimao LaFerrari was beaten by P1 and GT2RS, and the senna took the record which is 5 seconds faster than LaFerrari in less than 2 min mark track , i believe thats significant, 765LT beating senna might not happen and i do believe that but being on par thats the problem, just like SF90 on par with LaFerrari.... the problem with Mclaren on paper they say something and on reality something else happens, otherwise SF90 on paper will beat 765LT easily on straight line performance for example, which is why i asked for media reviews date of SF90 to see its (reality) and i dont think my dealer have to do anything with that, usually we have more info than them tbh especially in my region