Help passenger side footrest | FerrariChat

Help passenger side footrest

Discussion in '348/355' started by Sancho22, Feb 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sancho22

Sancho22 Karting

Oct 24, 2018
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Szanka
    Guys
    Do you keep the rubber OEM “footrest” in place or do you remove it and then drill pilot holes and attach the Hill engineering foot rest?
    There is no instruction anywhere including Ricambi or Hill sites- thanks

2. Sancho22

Sancho22 Karting

Oct 24, 2018
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Szanka
    Oh and two sets of longer and shorter screws cane with it (and the driver side footrest) but it is in the same little bag so no way yelling which ones I need for the passenger side?

3. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    For my Hill plate I put in on over the existing rubber mat like a sandwich, when you remove the plate the rubber holes "seal" back up. I have a brand new spare OEM foot mat I'll probably go back to and and eliminate the Hill plate but before I do I will powdercoat it Satin black, the bare aluminum feels a bit ricy to me, some like it and that's cool no disrespect intended....

4. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

This video is pretty similar for all the Hill Engineering dead pedals:

I can't remember who the Fchart member was, but the video was made for us a few years ago and still (despite it's less-than-HD resolution) is still quite useful.

5. Sancho22

Sancho22 Karting

Oct 24, 2018
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Szanka
    Thanks!
    My passenger side rubber just fell off so I think I will go without it
    The other side was done by the PO - rubber left in place
    I may change that as it does not look as neat as it could be

6. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    My opinion - keep it stock. Buy some quality floor mats (with flat bottoms) to protect your original mats and enjoy. Honor how it was originally meant to be.

7. Sancho22

Sancho22 Karting

Oct 24, 2018
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Szanka
    Yeah I hear you. I was debating it but actually like what I ended up with.
    It is not an irreversible change and the driver side was already done by the PO.
    I will also swap the 348 steering wheel in just to see which I prefer - that is easily reversible too.
    The car has a Capristo stage 3 exhaust so it is not bone stock anyway. close to 45K and not a garage queen
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Regardless, enjoy your car

9. Sancho22

Sancho22 Karting

Oct 24, 2018
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Szanka
    Thanks I am - it is awesome and in so many ways more interesting than my Porsche GT4.
    Looking forward to complete a major this year to ensure all is in 100% perfect mechanical condition.
    I suspect the summer drives will be very satisfying...

10. watkinsgt

watkinsgt Karting

Feb 4, 2008
    Used Velcro to attach driver and passenger Hill footrests. Works great. Been on for years. No drilling into car. Quick easy access to fuses etc. behind passenger footrest. No messing around trying to unscrew a footrest some dark and rainy night on your knees at the side of the road with a blown fuse.

Qavion likes this.