430 - F430 Grommet in foot well ? | FerrariChat

430 F430 Grommet in foot well ?

Discussion in '360/430' started by West Point, Nov 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. West Point

West Point Karting

Oct 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    West Point
    Can anyone say what the black rubber grommet on the outside face of both the interior foot wells is for (mine is missing and I need to replace it)? To be clear, it is inserted horizontally in the carpet about 12 inches above your left foot. I need to source one but I have no idea what size or what to call it?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Flyingbrick242

Flyingbrick242 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    I believe you are describing the rubber plug to access the fuel cut off switch on the drivers side.

Red 27 likes this.
  3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Ricambi's site is currently in maintenance so I don't have a great picture, but it's the cover for the "uh-oh" switch, #14 in the following diagram, part number 14507987.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Red 27 likes this.
  4. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

@RedNeck site is back up and running now @ www.ricambiamerica.com

Our entire inventory is loaded onto trucks and moving to a new warehouse location over the next 48 hours. Our phones and (most) of our computers are a pile/jumble of wires and tangles. I expect/plan/pray we'll be fully up and running over the weekend. The new location multiples our capacity close to 5x times. The teething pain won't be finding inventory (we've got that game pretty well ironed out), it'll be a long hike from one end of the warehouse to the other end. Wheelie shoes might be our next accessory item...

The rubber grommet is this : https://www.ricambiamerica.com/14507987-plug.html

We have them in stock. Truck 2, shelf 16 and buried behind 15 years of file cabinets, I think. :)

5. Bill ochrane

Bill ochrane Karting

Oct 26, 2018
    Galveston, Texas
    Full Name:
    William Cochrane
    Okay, I'll bite. What is the "uh-oh" switch?

6. West Point

West Point Karting

Oct 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    West Point
    Excellent response to my original post but ... I also wonder what the “uh-oh” switch might be?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 2, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Under the grommet is the inertial fuel cutoff switch, It cuts the fuel supply if you are in an accident or even a spin out can set it off. Remove the grommet and reset the switch by pushing a button on the top of the switch. "uh-oh" is a good description.