Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 105 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    idk about "best ICE Ferrari", although Enzo did say the best Ferrari would be the next one so hopefully it's true in line with that philosophy. Hope the F8 is amazing for the owners. The day ICE is gone will be a sad one. Manufacturers are putting up the good fight to keep the ICE going, but with auto mode putting you in 7th at 30 mph, then turbos, then auto start stop, now GPFs... it stings!

the GPF is a head scratcher that's for sure, that's my personal curiosity because all new ICE cars moving forward will likely have this fitted. I wonder what Ferrari will do and be like as an automaker when the ethos of the company is the engine and sound. They have pivoted away from aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines, so maybe they will pivot away from engine and sound inevitably if we're in an electric car world

2. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019
    Hi, just a question: does anyone know (or think) if Ferrari will ever produce a pista/scuderia/whatever version of the F8 tributo?

3. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The expressed goal of ramping up production by 45% over the next few years, will result in the termination of the Ferrari motto “ Produce one less car than people will buy”. All regular production models will be offered to first time buyers. Greater supply will inevitably result in higher rates of depreciation impinging upon these cars.

Caeruleus11 and PA Wolfpacker like this.
  4. Reiziger

Reiziger Rookie

Aug 22, 2018
    Disneyland
  5. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Now this is what we call a positively glowing review.

Engine music has been part of the Ferrari DNA. The quietness of the F8 is one of this models defining features—something which makes the car unique compared with its older brothers.

Ostentation misses the point. If we mean that ostentation is undesirable, then we shouldn’t buy an expensive car, one whose looks attract attention unnecessarily, or choose bright and shiny colors, and personalize the car with short badges, carbon fiber etc. I think if you buy an exotic sports car, ostentation is part of the deal.
    Saw recently that several upcoming electric cars for 2020 will feature articifical would both inside and outside. Outside to help warn pedestrians that a vehicle is approaching, and inside for driver enjoyment. I think the new Tasman by Porsche has this. Weird that there are naming this a turbo when it is all electric. I guess it makes the car sounds better :)

sampelligrino likes this.
  6. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The Porsche electric car is the Taycan. Engine with no noise is standard. Artificially generated engine sound is available as an option.

7. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Unofficially have been told all the F8 are receiving to GPF :( even in Australia with high sulphur levels that will poison the GPF.

I wish they would have addressed it like Porsche.

Question now is when the GPF goes out who is going to pay to replace it ? And how about after the 3 year warrantee expires.

Down here we have great consumer laws and I have made several successful claims way after the warrantee has expired.

This is a big deal for me. Maybe a deal breaker unless Ferrari agree to pay and replace any GPF for the lifetime of the car

8. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    The GPF might be an issue for me but then again an issue for many Aussies. If this be the case I see the second hand 488 GTB's and spiders disappearing.

What happens with the Portofino coupe and the SF 812 , some with , some without.

9. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Caeruleus11, REALZEUS and stavura like this.
  10. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    All F8 in Canada will sadly be equipped with GPF.

11. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    during the F8 spider live stream Ferrari announced that this car will have the GPF, and accordingly they had to modify/develop certain things for the engine to meet the stated 720 horsepower

12. Hunter911

Hunter911 Karting

Mar 8, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Disappointing (but not surprising). Surely there will be aftermarket solutions to improve external sound, for those of us who want more.

13. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I was at Canadian launch when they started it and it sounded muted.. so it is what is it.. welcome to the new GPF era. What a shame really, that engine is incredible!

stavura and Caeruleus11 like this.
  14. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Cancelling your order and sticking with the HP?

15. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Nothing on a Ferrari is warranted for life. Even the paint is on you after 36 months. Usually not an issue because original owners get the big depreciation but the subsequent buyers enjoy a lower price yet pay for all the repairs not covered by the OEM warranty. Its a hot potato - just don't get stuck holding it when it fails outside of warranty. Used ones with a replaced GPF will likely do better on resale. I think the GPF is an interim issue and moot if resolved by upstream injectors and certainly when switched to electric.

MANDALAY likes this.
  16. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Hopefully will be able to experience the F8 before delivery. If not, will still follow through on the purchase and then make a decision.

Surfah likes this.
  17. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019
  18. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Anyone who has ordered the F8 going with the CUP 2 tires ?

19. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    They are pretty much street legal track tires. Very sticky and will pick up anything you drive over, small rocks, dirt etc. The real downside to these tires is they are very slick in cold weather, you have to be very carful with them until they are warmed up. Borderline dangerous in cold weather conditions. Personally I’m sticking with the street tires.

Caeruleus11 and MANDALAY like this.
  20. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

Road test with head camera is top ( even if you don't speak Italian )

21. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    well, at least until 2027:

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/politics/shortens-choice-fuel-standards-or-refineries/news-story/dbcda0647d626f6223c333423cbb2a90

Under the minister’s ruling, sulphur content will drop to the European standard of 10ppm in 2027. Refiners will continue to sell 91 octane fuel, which is no longer available in Europe, but it will have to meet the new sulphur standard.

MANDALAY likes this.