430 - 430 Scud Information | FerrariChat

430 430 Scud Information

Discussion in '360/430' started by DOWORKFCAR, Jul 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DOWORKFCAR

DOWORKFCAR Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2016
    Hello everyone,

I am in the process of looking for a higher mileage (20-40k miles) 430 Scuderia. Do any of you have any good recommendations on where to start my search? Since these cars are limited, it is harder to find them in “drivers” condition. I like driving my cars and don’t want a garage queen.

Secondly, if you have a 430 Scud. Have you ever thought about a 458? I’ve been struggling with these 2 but the 430 Scud makes my heart beat faster.

Thank you.

2. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    They are not limited in the way my Lamborghini Diablo roadster is (seldom more than 4-5 at any one time). There are upwards of 35 Scuderias available accross the various online platforms . Anything over 30k miles are pretty rare, know a 28k mile sold for. $141k recently and there is currently a 23k mile car that should sell for that or even a little less.

Then there was the 55k mile rental car with the $126 k ask.

3. F430giallomodena

F430giallomodena Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    I went from a 430 Scuderia to a 458 and again back to another 430 Scuderia. Completely different cars, very similar performances. If you like to drive "comfy" buy a 458 which remains the best V8 Ferrari ever made imho, if you like to drive a Ferrari, buy a Scuderia. If you like to push hard both cars perform good, but the Scuderia is much more hard to drive, understeers much more and has a less responsive and planted front end. Like Jeremy Clarkson said: "This is what a Ferrari should be like, you make mistake I kill."

ShineKen and ca_scud like this.
  4. KJM3SMG

KJM3SMG Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2006
    Loudoun County, VA
    Full Name:
    Karl - KJ
    I drove my friend's 458. It's a great car but definitely felt more like a GT when compared to my Scud :D I like it, but wouldn't compare the 2, so different really.

5. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    People starting looking at 458's when they give up on finding the right Scud.

SignatureJames likes this.
  6. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    How is your friend doing on his search?

7. SignatureJames

SignatureJames Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    20-40K is considered high mileage for an 11 year old car? I’ll accept my 33.6K miles means I’m salvaged haha

DOWORKFCAR likes this.
  8. DOWORKFCAR

DOWORKFCAR Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2016
    Well every time I tell anyone my 550 has 47K miles they all freak out! Lol I love Ferraris but the market is crazy with the miles. I promise that my 47K mike car runs better than any 10K mike car that has been sitting for 10 years. But what do I know :p

SignatureJames and kes7u like this.
  9. dwe8922

dwe8922 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    David
    458 is a little softer and more refined, and a very different platform and feel compared to the 430. Both are meant to be more to more people. The scud is a niche version of the 430 with less compromise toward being a comfortable street car, just as the 458 speciale is to the italia. That difference alone makes for different missions, and if you drive both, you'll figure out what part of the spectrum you like most.

You don't see a lot of high mile Ferrari's, let alone the niche cars, so you'll just have to be patient for the right driver to show up. I use my scud without too much attention to miles. It seems to be happiest when driven regularly.

Manda racing and f355spider like this.