Relearn procedure | FerrariChat

Relearn procedure

Discussion in '360/430' started by mmarksx19, Jun 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mmarksx19

mmarksx19 Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    Over the weekend I am going to change my plugs and coil packs (see previous post about my slight misfire).
    I have heard there is a procedure for the ECUs to relearn. Is this the same for manual (which mine is) as well as F1?
    If it isn't done, what happens?
    And finally, any good information as to how to perform the relearn? Again, specifically for a manual car.

Thanks all.

Sent from my BBF100-1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu

Attached Files:

whatheheck likes this.
  3. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Here you go, courtesy of member Taz / Terry.

The one shared by Bob above is to reset readiness code so if you are getting your car emission tested you can get the readiness code reset as quickly as possible withoutht the need to drive for hours. As you know once you turn the battery master power switch off the readiness code will have to be reset or you will need to drive for hours until the code reset itself after the ECU finds the values its looking for.

Note on the readiness code procedure, if you are not able to get it exactly done as listed you dont have to start over on step 1, just continue on the number you are currently on until you finish that step, then move to the next step. That's what I did and in 30 minutes time I went to get my car emission tested & it passed with flying colors after I replaced my spark plugs.

Anyway, attached is how to reset the ECU.

Dan

Attached Files:

Bob in Makiki likes this.
  4. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I don't have time to read these but used the Aldous one when I did it. I really like the Trev360 suggestion to also cycle the gas pedal all the way to the floor slowly a couple of times before you start it. It makes a lot of sense because I never floor that pedal and it is electronic.

whatheheck likes this.
  5. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    Gee, Kevin, I floor that pedal every time I’m getting onto H1!

whatheheck likes this.
  6. mmarksx19

mmarksx19 Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    Where is the Trev360 suggestion? I don't see it????

7. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Its the accelerated learning of the Throttle Pedal. This requires manual intervention, unlike the Throttle Bodies which go through a self learn during check ok self test on power on. The idea is after you've done a battery cycle put to key state 2, wait until check ok goes out (with engine OFF), depress the accelerator pedal to the stop. Hold it there for a couple of seconds and then let foot off pedal completely. Do this 2 or 3 times. then turn off and take key out. Wait 4 or 5 seconds before putting key back in and going through normal drive cycles. This does a full self learn of the Throttle potentiometers...

Qavion, AHudson and tifosi101 like this.
  8. mmarksx19

mmarksx19 Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    Thank you, just to confirm - then I go through the previously listed relearn process?

9. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I push it down, I don't think I hit bottom though! It has a lot of travel.

Bob in Makiki likes this.
  10. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Yes. This just does the learning of the throttle. Learning should actually be accelerated considerably since its not re-correcting every time you get higher in the rpm range...

11. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    Though this is a dated thread, it is immensely helpful. My throttle response was great but on occasion had a mild 'mind of its own' on revving ever so slightly longer than pedal travel and was occasionally difficult to feather the clutch. I just did the accelerated re-set and cannot wait to drive the car tomorrow to check it out. Regardless, @360trev, you are a gem of great information.