Testarossa Price Trends | Page 89 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Thank you for that clarification on the testarossa I was unaware of how many came to US. I knew 7000 total. Good to know. Very low number

2. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    The break down year by year for TR’s is also telling. Very few through 87 then the numbers get much bigger as time goes on. The models to have are the knock off wheel TR’s and flying mirror model.

512TR is rare but it’s still just a modernized version of the TR. Long term, often the first year or very early versions of cars are what are most desirable. The future is hard to predict, not sure if there will be much difference in price between a flying mirror TR versus a 512TR.

Shamile likes this.
  3. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    I prefer the 5 lug wheels and so do most everyone I talk to. The center lug cars are dangerous so I think 88.5 and up are the ones to have and I have owned two of each, center nut and 5 bolt wheel

4. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Interesting you feel that way. Did your wheel ever fall off? Was their a reason why?

5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Exactly why im keeping mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blkdiablo33 and Zeff like this.
  6. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    #2206 MOSS, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    No, but its happened. In 1967 the corvette stingray went to a copy of the wheel that was on the previous models called a knock off spinner. Single spinner lug like the TR. A lot of serious accidents and deaths because of that design. One is too many and it has occurred on the TR. Five lugs is an upgrade and thats why Ferrari did it. Its just my opinion but I think it makes the car more desirable and safe. Hey, opinions vary. Thats mine. Not everyone keeps an eye on the single nut torque. Very few do actually. Thru the years the 5 lugs brought more money and were more desirable in most circles. The later the model the better in my opinion. Again, its just my opinion. Great wheel selection is a plus too if you want a change! Beating on a wheel with a hammer is asking for trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yes, everyone should be allowed their opinion. We need to all try to not take any opinion the wrong way. We are all here for one reason, the love of these fine automobiles. Remember to try and be positive and not argue or attack each other. Keep it professional and civil. Also remember someone else’s opinion is no threat to me if I disagree with them. I don’t want everyone in this world to think like me and vice versa. I like hearing different points of view even if I disagree. Just making a follow up statement not talking about anyone in particular here.

sherrillt likes this.
  8. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Totally agree. I have loved all of the ones I have had and the current 90. My twin turbo was a single lug. We are discussing values and that is my opinion. Nothing to argue about.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Jakuzzi and Zeff like this.
  9. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Back about 20 years ago I decided to look for a TR and they were around 70-80k back then. I called Ferrari dealerships from the West
    coast to the East coast to get some education on what to get. Of course they all wanted to sell me something different but mostly
    they told me to shop for a 88.5 and up 5 lug and they pay more for them and sell them for more. What did I do..... bought a 87 model.
    When I tried to trade for a 92 512 a year later, no dealer wanted my car. A couple offered 40-50 on a 512 they had in inventory. Unless
    something has changed drastically, I think that is still the norm because with the exception of a mirror they are all identical
    up to the 512 which I love so the latest TR is the best car in my opinion. This is a price trend thread so I am just sharing what I have been told
    and why I bought my 90 model. Single lug owners like to think their car is the best or most valuable. Its understandable. So my opinion supported
    by dealers back then anyway. Throw it in the pot with the rest. Maybe its helpful if you are looking to buy your first one. Do current research and find
    out because that is the market you will be buying from and selling to!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  10. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Many older single lug or knock wheel sports cars without major problems. They just have to be maintained!

11. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yeah, i would think it would be critical to make sure they are always torqued to spec and then there shouldn’t be a problem. Maybe check them annually as part of your annual fluid change if you are really paranoid about it. I have never even had any lug nuts come loose on a car. I suspect it wouldn’t be much of a problem. One of the well respected mechanics here should clarify.

12. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    You have to make sure the cones on the wheel and hub are clean. And tighten the single lug without weight on the tire. Then lower the car and tighten again. Take the car for a ride and re-torque.

13. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Sounds reasonable. I always liked the look of the single lug too.

xplodee likes this.
  14. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    I really don't think this original post was meant to last near this long. When it was first posted these cars were tanking at 40-50k. Remember the thread was opened to discuss this and this alone. 9 years later the numbers don't even slightly resemble the intent of the Thread start. Now the posts are just all over the place discussing features, looks, etc. There was a totally different reason for the original thread post. There were no disagreements then. Now its just all over the place.

Parnelli and turbo-joe like this.
  15. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I apologize for my role in getting off topic. There is a new listing a 1994 512tr with 21k miles. Service is included in the purchase. They already have a buyer at 200k which is suppose to close sometime this week. Would be a good reference if it goes through.

16. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

That’s pretty cheap! I was looking at a euro 94 one in boca raton and they are not budging from 240k +

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeff likes this.
  17. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    if all cks good great price for buyer

18. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    It’s also good to see that the seller here is making sure the services are up to date. To me that’s the right way to sell a car.

blkdiablo33 and turbo-joe like this.
  19. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    #2219 MOSS, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    I would imagine it will stay off topic from here on out with prices not expected to go to 40-50 again. That would be sad to see again.

turbo-joe and Zeff like this.
  20. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    I would say nearly impossible - or???

Shamile, MOSS and xplodee like this.
  21. VColin

VColin Karting

Aug 5, 2012
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  22. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    VColin likes this.
  23. JPMD

JPMD Karting

Jan 17, 2016
    FL
    Full Name:
    John
    The interior looks a little odd being all tan rather than Black/tan. Also rear decklid painted all red vs black/red. Was this an option for '94 models or is this a repaint?

24. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Can someone just message me when testarossa hit 350k please... that’s my for sale point...

Should be any day now...

Shamile likes this.
  25. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    In some years, everyone will quote this post and laugh....see, when they were so cheap...now, you can't even get a barn find for that amount.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk