2013 Panamera S for a 2013 Cayenne GTS? | FerrariChat

2013 Panamera S for a 2013 Cayenne GTS?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by cwilson13, Jan 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cwilson13

cwilson13 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 20, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    CWilson
    So I bought a pre-owned Panamera S about 18 months ago and for some reason just never bonded with it.

Really like the older V8s. Their newer turbo V6s just don't do anything for me.

Drives great and love the interior but it just feels too long. Its feels huge to me.

My local Porsche dealership is offering me a 2013 Cayenne GTS (CPOed) for my Panamera S plus about $5K cash from me to them. Then I have to cover TTL.

The Cayenne is about 5 inches shorter and about the same width. Which is a positive.

Both cars have same milage and condition...however, my Panamera is just about out of CPO coverage.

I drove the GTS and liked it but ride was pretty stiff...even in norma/comfort settings. But I loved the power and engine sounds. Quality and interior obviously similar so I like that.

Anyone have any opinions on the Cayenne GTS? Love it? Hate it? Problems?

Sound like a fair trade?

Or should I just keep my Panamera?

2. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    Does the cayenne have PDCC? We are looking at 13/14 Cayennes right now and just drove a GTS with PDCC and it was very impressive. I think we will wind up with a turbo just to compensate for the power loss of the NA v8 at the altitude here in Colorado, but in normal environments I’m sure the gts is plenty

3. jvmax

jvmax Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    John
    I had a 2014 Cayenne GTS, with no PDCC. The 13's and 14's are the last of the na V8's, and the 13-14 Cayenne GTS are highly desirable. Plenty of power, muscle car sound, drives more like a car than an SUV, but you can go off-roading and use it as a tow vehicle. Wish I never sold it

4. E_Man

E_Man Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Own a '13 Cayenne GTS and daily it. I think its the best car (daily) I've ever owned. Tight, handles well, sounds great and its been bullet proof for the 36k miles I've owned it. I like it so much I can't think of another car I'd be interested in trading it for. Good luck

5. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    I had the V8 Panamera 4S and traded it , as it too felt just took big and lots of bulk, for a Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio . Big difference. I like the Macan a bit more than the Cayenne. The GTS version in it was impressive. Liked it more than the Turbo version. When the Alfa starts to do weird Alfa things, I will trade it for a Macan GTS, with red interior.