Why is this 456 not selling? | FerrariChat

Why is this 456 not selling?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Hightower, Jan 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hightower

Hightower Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2016
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Been watching this just to see how long it's going to be on the local classifieds here in the Salt Lake City area. Been on here for over 6 months with little interest (yes, I know it says 10 days or so, you can change this easily...). I just spoke with the dealer about the car, and they're getting some suspension work done at the local dealership. Other than that I'm curious why this isn't selling.

Dealer said that electronics and lights (motors) are good and the engine runs fine. Says the car drives fine. Curious about test driving it just for the heck of it. Any thoughts why this isn't selling? Wish it were in tdf blue...

This is the ad. I have no skin in the game.

https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/3673847?ad_cid=12

2. F11

F11 Karting

Aug 2, 2005
    GTA’s don’t exactly fly off the lot. Even 456M GTs can take a year or more to sell. If the car checks out (PPI is a must) and you like it, try to make a strong deal. I like the color.

Also since it’s listed as a 458 it hasn’t come up in my searches so that could be a more obvious reason.

3. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    Several actually:
    The car is a non-M GTA with high miles.
    Poor photos make it difficult to assess condition, no mention of records or ancillaries (books, fobs, keys, tools, covers etc).
    The rear shelf has been recovered in a different color, the headliner and door leather is drooping, looks like it has the stickies, AC panel is warped.
    Intake manifold peeling
    No mention if the windows (gap at the top of the right hand window?), shocks, valve guides, or motor mounts have been updated (first three are big ticket items)
    And finally, the car is overpriced by at least $10K

Here's a very good comp:
    http://www.ferraris-online.com/pages/carintro.php?reqcardir=FE-456GT-100269
    This one's been sitting too.

4. Andrew D.

Andrew D. F1 Rookie

Jul 6, 2008
    Goodwood Ontario
    Full Name:
    Andrew D.
    If a 456 gated shifter is not selling at $70.000 US then the market is not there yet. I have a gated 456 dark blue/tan for sale at 85,000 with little interest. 26,000 miles. The market has to catch up. The red one seems very usable with all the bugs ironed out as is mine. How many more gated,V12s, in a nice colour is Ferrari going to make---0. The prices asked are half of what you would pay for a lexus or Mercedes and those will depreciate,the Ferrari will appreciate barring Armagegdon. None of us who have them are going to give them away.

5. chris_columbia

chris_columbia Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 5, 2008
    Columbia MD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Everything that Killer58 said. The stuff that can easily be seen has not been corrected, so you can imagine the stuff you can't see isn't fixed either. Though, I wouldn't call this high mileage. I would add that the dash is so-so. The door panels and headliner are near impossible to re-stretched, so they'd have to be recovered.