FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO HEINEKEN D'ITALIA 2018: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 19 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO HEINEKEN D'ITALIA 2018: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Sep 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Max Verstappen has been given two penalty points on his superlicence after making contact with Valtteri Bottas

william and ATBNM3 like this.
  2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Wow.... they really hate Max.

Bottas hit Max, not the other way around. This is just more political stupidity being shown in the most obvious way. Someone wants to send a message to Max.

NEP and william like this.
  3. Tifosi Ferrari

Tifosi Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2017
    2010 and 2012 RB won the constructors. I think he had the superior car just that realibility cost him and mistakes put him closer than it is.

Also is that opposite of what fia does to Max?

4. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I need to watch another replay. I do recall his radio saying he had used his joker and that might be why he was given the 5+ plus 2 points but then again if it wasn't his fault....

5. Tifosi Ferrari

Tifosi Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2017
    Binotto shouldn't be blamed and neither his techical team. He should be congrats on his achievement and so his team. All the blame should be pushed on Arrivabene management and Sebastian decision making.

william and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  6. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    I still believe that we have the fastest car on the grid. However, the fastest car not always wins and that’s exactly what happened today. Between Vettel’s mistake and the team’s wrong strategy on Kimi, everything went wrong. Mathematically we can still win the championship. Let’s hope that we learned something today and that helps the team to improve in the future.

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  7. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    We need Brawn again I think. ;)

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Correct on that.

9. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Max was on the racing line in that corner. Max was AHEAD of Bottas in that corner. Bottas HIT MAX, not the other way around.

So why is it Max's penalty? Because he was warned once after Merc complaining? I'm no Max fan but this one seems like Merc whining ALL OVER IT.

NEP likes this.
  10. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I think you have a point there....

william likes this.
  11. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    I'm not sure how much human involvement is used anymore with strategies. I assume the super computer is updating every 1/1000 th of a second and spits out the appropriate course of action at the push of a button. That being said, it's still getting it wrong, so perhaps the parameters set in the computer are off. I assume there are times where two strategies are proposed with similar outcomes and perhaps a human would have to pick one, but you would think with things being measured to the Nth degree. the computer wouldn't come out two equal scenarios.

12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yep and it pains me. Really does. As I really want Vettel as the next Ferrari champion. Yesterdays quali got to his head. Ego couldn't handle it.

Verstappen has made his mistakes. But I'm convinced that he'd be leading the championship right now, even with those mistakes, if he had driven the Ferrari. There is no way he'd let Hamilton just take the outside in T4. He'd have ran him wide at least, or if they touched he'd have taken Elton with him at minimum.

Despite Max's mistakes, his pace has really been very good this year. Even ignoring Ricciardo's 2 consecutive penalties in Spa and Monza so didn't really push the car in quali, Verstappen has just looked superb both those weekends. Max has outqualified (and significantly at a few races) Ricciardo since Canada onwards, before that I think they where neck and neck. Race pace he's always been very strong and seems to just get better and better. In no way am I putting down Ricciardo in this, I rate him very high...Even with the excuse that Vettel was leaving Red Bull and got less info, and some car issues, he looked a match against Vettel immediately. So from this we can assume that if Max beats Ricciardo quite handily, we can then assume that he'll make Vettel's life at Ferrari incredible difficult.

And yes, I'm counting the mistakes he's made with this. He'd be leading the championship.

I don't know what's up with Vettel but it's not looking good. I can forgive the odd mistake, but it's adding up rapidly now and he really should know better. Him speaking in code yesterday after quali showed his true colours and I didn't like it one bit.

stavura, JStone414, crinoid and 2 others like this.
  13. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Mercedes is run by Germans !!!

ATBNM3 likes this.
  14. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.
    Max is dangerous, he's another Senna with an "i'm coming through regardless, so get out of my way or we will hit" attitude and modern F1 won't allow it. (tbh F1 of Senna's era shouldn't have allowed it either)

He has massive skill, but his lack of judgement when overtaking needs to be sorted asap.

Adrian Thompson and william like this.
  15. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

If you are unbias and don't support any particular team or driver, then it was exciting.
    This weekend had all the ingredients for a good race, and for once wasn't predictable or boring.
    Monza 2018 was the ideal place to bring someone who knows nothing to F1 and show him what is is all about.

ago car nut and ATBNM3 like this.
  16. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.
    and the stewards

Team orders and team radio messages are getting well out of hand too.

17. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    As much I don’t like Max, or maybe I should say I didn’t like,I’m starting to give him credit and respect. Lately he makes the best out of the conditions and his car. Just imagine if he drove for Ferrari. Elton wouldn’t even attempt to challenge him on the first turn.

18. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    If one has the ability to step away from one's fan bias, yes, it has been an exciting season.

19. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    Exactly, Bas.

"Multi 21, Seb, Multi 21"... Remember?

I will never become a Lewis Hamilton fan, but I admire the way in which he turned yesterday's negative energy into a great race and a great win. He seems very good at that.

20. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    Ferrari needs a team psychologist and psychotherapist , they sabotaged themselves almost every weekend the last few races , they are afraid to win .

william and Makuono like this.
  21. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    When do they plan to announce if Haas was cheating or not? Renault sound like sore losers that can't keep the oil in their engines...

22. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    What exactly did Seb try to pass Kimi on lap one? Seriously, his ego is killing him.

ATBNM3, william and Makuono like this.
  23. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Sebastian has shown his expiration date...an Alonso in that position would never have made such a mistake. A Ricciardo in that position would never have made such a mistake. Schumacher would never have made such a mistake.

ATBNM3 and DF1 like this.
  24. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    I think you're trying to say Vettel made a mistake? ;):mad::cool::p:D:rolleyes:. LOL. You're late to that party . . .

ATBNM3 and william like this.
  25. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    No, I’ve said so already much earlier, now I’m saying it’s time to find another driver for the #1 seat who won’t keep making silly mistakes like that...this marks only 1 of many big blunders this season and it has cost him and Ferrari the championship.

His expiration date is up.