Sold - 1995 F512M Unique 1 of 1 colour. | FerrariChat

Sold 1995 F512M Unique 1 of 1 colour.

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Tokei-ski, Mar 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tokei-ski

Tokei-ski Karting

Nov 4, 2014
    Tokyo/Hawaii
    Full Name:
    The Baron
    Offered for sale is my 1995 Ferrari F512M. The car is finished in Blu Scuro Micalizzato (or Blue Lemans as an identical equivalent) paint code FER 516C, with matching Blu Scuro leather and Blu Scuro carpets, often referred to as treble blue. It is my understanding that this was an extremely unusual special order exterior colour from the original purchaser of the car back in 1995. I have spoken with the official Japan importer, and they stated to me that this car was the only one of the 501 F512Ms produced in this specially ordered colour. I have done extensive research throughout all of the F512M registry’s and databases, and have not been able to find another F512M with the same paint code.

The car is currently with me at my home showing just under 53,000 km or approximately 33,000 miles. The car was an original official import by the sole Japanese importer at the time, Cornes and is a Japan spec. car. The car has had 3 previous owners, for a total of 4 owners over its lifetime. The car is owned outright, and is located in Japan. The car had a complete engine out service in early 2015 at just over 49,000 km at a cost of over $10,000. This service included all belts, fluids, and a water pump rebuild. The car has also had the fuse box replaced with a Ferrari original replacement. The old fuse box will be included in the sale.

Mechanically, the car is in absolutely spectacular condition. It is easily the strongest running F512M I have ever driven, which includes more than 10 separate examples. The car starts flawlessly, idles perfectly, and pulls strongly all the way to redline. The gearbox is notchy into 2nd gear as many of these are when cold, but once warmed up, shifts perfectly with no problems. The clutch is in terrific condition with more than 75% remaining.

The original owner of the car performed a couple of very significant performance upgrades on the car immediately upon taking delivery back in 1995. The car was taken to an extremely well known tuner by the name of Iding Power (We are IDING POWER). Almost $100,000 was spent in parts and labour to upgrade the brakes and wheels. Please note that I do not have the original wheels for the car. Brand new Ferrari OEM wheels are available NOS from two of the larger parts suppliers for ~$1,400 X 4 = $5,600 for a set if any buyers are interested to return the car to stock in that regard.

At a later date, a custom made stainless steel exhaust was installed by another well regarded company by the name of Ohnishi Heat Magic. The exhaust performance and sound are nothing short of amazing, and the look of the blued tips as can be seen in the photos is stunning, and matches the colour of the car perfectly.

Cosmetically, the car is in excellent condition. My PPI uncovered no accident damage or history, but it did reveal a front end respray that was done approximately 10 years ago to repair various paint chips etc. to the front of the car. The lower front valance shows a good deal of cracking/hazing on the lower half, with one small scrape on the bottom drivers side corner and the lip spoiler is incorrectly finished in a gloss black instead of matte. The rest of the body is free of any dents or dings, but there are various paint chips and a couple small areas of cracking/hazing on the windshield pillar. There are also paint chips on the rear valance behind the wheels, where debris gets thrown from the rear tires.

The interior is in excellent overall condition, with the usual bolster wear you would expect. Beyond that, there are no large noticeable flaws on the seats, carpets, or dash. The passenger side door weather stripping has been replaced, and there is enough weather stripping remaining to do the drivers side if needed in the future which will be included.

There are three other things I would like to point out in the interest of full disclosure. First, the car is lacking its original toolkit. Second, although the car comes with a complete set of books including a warranty book, please note that the warranty book is not the correct book for this car. The warranty book is for a different serial number, European specification F512M car. I have asked why, but no one was able to tell me what happened to the original book. It was most likely kept by the original owner as a keepsake along with the toolkit, as this is quite a common thing to do. The car comes with 2 keys, which I believe are both original. Third, the car has not yet been serviced for 2018. This has been scheduled, but will not be completed until late spring. This will include an oil change, brake fluid change, radiator flush and four new tires. The car is priced INCLUSIVE of the cost of these services.

I am offering the car exclusively on FerrariChat in the hope that it will go to a private buyer/board member. I am pricing the car at $175,000 (or equivalent in GBP/Euro) F.O.B Japan. This car is easily the cheapest no accident, no stories car available on the market by a wide margin. I have priced the car extremely aggressively factoring in the mileage and to facilitate a quick transaction.

I will of course be happy to assist in any way possible to ensure a quick and smooth transaction for both sides. Feel free to contact me by PM if you have any further questions or would like any further information. Please also bear in mind the time difference between Japan and the rest of the world. Any response to a PM could take 12~24 hours.

Kind regards

This first picture is included to give a sense of how the car looks in direct sunlight. The remaining pictures were taken under overcast conditions, hence make the blue seem much darker than it usually looks.

Attached Files:

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

This is the only beautiful 512 m i ever saw!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Tokei-ski

Tokei-ski Karting

Nov 4, 2014
    Tokyo/Hawaii
    Full Name:
    The Baron
    A quick update bump. I have been contacted by two forum members, and two European dealers so far. I really want this car to go to a forum member if at all possible. I was hoping to conclude a deal by the end of April or so. Please keep in the mind that I am negotiable on the price if a deal is concluded before the scheduled maintenance. If I do not get any further interest from F-chat members then I will need to decide to either just sell to one of the interested dealers who I am certain will make an easy $15,000~$20,000 on the car once it is in a showroom, or take the car off the market. The car is spectacular in person and I can imagine it will easily sell itself off of a showroom floor. If anyone has any interest, please get in contact sooner rather than later.

Kind regards

4. *enzo

*enzo Rookie

Apr 11, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andy
    PM SENT

5. MonoSpecchio

MonoSpecchio Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2006
    SoCal in the IE
    What a spectacular M! Color makes a big difference in the looks of these IMHO. At this price it's tempting to store it in Japan for a couple years (with regular trips out to drive it of course!) until it can be freely imported to the USA under the 25 year rule. What is the manufacture date?

ZF123 likes this.
  6. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

If it is a Japan spec car, why is the steering wheel on the left? Beautiful colour.

7. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    How did this get re listed?

And only a few of the orig posts.

This car was sold.

8. dinonz308

dinonz308 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 26, 2017
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Japanese prefer "originality" so I believe that all Ferraris sold in Japan are left had drive despite the country being right hand drive.

9. Tokei-ski

Tokei-ski Karting

Nov 4, 2014
    Tokyo/Hawaii
    Full Name:
    The Baron
    I just wanted to jump in here to make the final post, and close up the thread. This car has been sold to a Ferrari Chat member, and will be going to a VERY nice private collection. It was one of the smoothest, easiest, and most enjoyable transactions I have ever had. Thank you. I also wanted to thank all of the other members who had many nice things to say both in the thread and also in PMs. It was a very sad day to see her loaded up and taken away, but also great to know that it will be enjoyed and appreciated by someone who understands how special the car is.

Also a big thank you to the Ferrari Chat admins and Rob. There is no doubt that this is one of the most amazing communities and resources on the internet, with many of the world's foremost experts posting regularly and sharing their knowledge and experience. It adds so much to the ownership experience.

Kind regards

msdesignltd and cgt000 like this.