2018 Formula One Season ***Possible Spoilers*** | Page 16 | FerrariChat

2018 Formula One Season ***Possible Spoilers***

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aircon, Jan 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Excuses excuses, he didn't have what it takes to pass Vettel! And we knew Vettels tyres were toast!

Hammy on the other hand would have made short work of Vettel on the last two laps IMO.

2. Nintendo64

Nintendo64 Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2016
    You are correct, it is 2 edged sword

That is why Benz have him, as requested by Lewis, as a #2, a slower team-mate, see how that backfires.....

3. MrGrigio

MrGrigio Formula 3

Dec 19, 2011
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Rennie Stein
    Steve, i know you don't think much of Kimi and look, I agree his Ferrari stints have been less than brilliant. I think Massa put in better overall performances than Kimi during his first stint at Ferrari and during his second stint at Ferrari, Alonso blew him away and Vettel has too, but less so.

Nonetheless, he was nothing less than brilliant in a McLaren and Lotus. He won races in that Lotus (and won a race in his comeback season). There is genius in that man...who can forget Suzuka 2005? Or almost the world title with a single win in a one year old McLaren, the MP4/17D-spec in 2003.

I personally think he is, for want of a better description, borderline/on the spectrum Asperger's, hence his personality traits. This is just a personal opinion btw. What if he can't display social norms? What if he can't empathise like normal people? Should we hold it against him? Sure he's cold and aloof. I think a lot fans find it refreshing that he doesn't rant when things don't go his way, which is quite often at Ferrari. But for some reason, McLaren and Lotus got more out of him than Ferrari. Ferrari works best when they have a strong highly focussed driver in mould of Lauda, Schumacher and dare I say it, Vettel.

As much as I admire Kimi, I do think Ferrari needs to hire Daniel.

4. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    That's dumb. The mechanic was surrounded by medics what was Kimi suppose to do, pat his head? Before he entered the pits he paused saw there was multiple medics on the scene and went inside. Probably what he was trained to do.

Vettel on the podium didn't mention the mechanic accident till the last second. He wasn't even sure there was an accident. :rolleyes:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Steve is just a Kimi hater.

6. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    You're both right!

7. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    bit of a fluke, it must be said, but you gotta be in it to win it....and still in front of McLaren *gulp*

[​IMG]
    POSTED BY: JAMES ALLEN | 09 APR 2018 | 7:29 AM GMT | 47 COMMENTS
    Pierre Gasly was many people’s driver of the weekend in Bahrain, the 21 year old qualifying in a fine sixth place and racing through to finish in fourth. It is only the seventh time in the team’s history that it has finished in the top four; not a bad result two races into a new partnership with Honda.

It is Toro Rosso’s best result since Singapore last year and Honda’s best result since returning to F1 in 2015. Finishing ahead of both McLarens on the home turf of the team’s main shareholder, the irony was not lost on anyone after the acrimonious split last season.

[​IMG]

But credit to Gasly, who drove magnificently all weekend. Toro Rosso brought some new aero parts for the car this weekend and both drivers did well with them. Hartley was behind the eight ball all weekend, only getting the updated parts on Saturday and then hitting a bird in qualifying, so he missed out on a Top ten grid slot.

Then in the race he tagged Perez and was given a ten second penalty that he served at his stop and this dropped him out of contention for points.

Meanwhile Gasly was able to capitalise on the double retirement of Red Bull to secure his track position at the front and stayed clear of Magnussen, Hulkenberg and Alonso.

“It’s unbelievable, sixth in qualifying and fourth in the race; we never expected something like this. I’m super happy,” he said.

“Big thanks to the team because the car was fantastic all weekend and today there was an opportunity and we had the car to take this.

“I had a nice fight with Magnussen and the pace was really good. I saw unfortunately both Red Bull cars had to stop, then after Raikkonen retired the team told me we had the opportunity to finish P4, so I gave everything to the end.

“The car has been fantastic since the beginning of the weekend, today I could just push flat out and the pace was great because I managed to pull away from the Haas. I need a bit of time to let this sink in.”

The Honda powered car was 9th through the speed trap on 324km/h, although we have to be careful with speed traps as whether or not drivers had DRS when setting their time contributes. But in any case Gasly was faster throuh the traps than both McLarens

8. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    I love it. All last season, the pommy journos loved to tell us that Mac had the best chassis - the problems were all Honda's fault.

I'm also enjoying their deference towards Max, what a dilemma when their beloved Lewis says he drives like a d i c k head. :)

9. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  10. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
  11. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Nintendo64 likes this.
  12. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I certainly got that right.

You guys can’t handle the truth. Rennie is correct in that he has probably got some kind of personality disorder.
    There is no way Seb, Alonso, Daniel, or even Elton would have been so uncaring to behave the way he did.
    Did you guys see the post race interview where he was specifically asked about the mechanic?
    He stood there - with sunnies on in the dark - shrugged his shoulders and basically said he didn’t know or care how he was.

And that’s ok because he’s “cool” and was a decent driver 15 years ago.
    Fair enough.

13. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    And I got that right.

14. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter

That's not what he said....he was asked what happened and he said he didn't know, he just did what he was supposed to do and took off when the light went green. What happens behind him he's not aware of. You're reading too much into it.

DMWC, IanB and Its328 like this.
  15. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  16. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Speedy recovery Francesco! You will be slamming on rear tyres again before you know it. :)

17. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    SORTED!

18. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Who on earth is this chick??

19. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  20. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Actually, I think I've come across her before, so to speak.

21. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Holy crap...what is this thing??

22. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Like the previous race, you mean? When Lewis fell off the track trying to overtake Vettel? Like that, you mean?

SPEEDCORE likes this.
  23. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  24. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name: