Mitsubishi lancer evo steering wheel on my 360 | FerrariChat

Mitsubishi lancer evo steering wheel on my 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by fabrices, Mar 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fabrices

fabrices Karting

Jul 31, 2013
    FRANCE
    for 325$

hessank and 360trev like this.
  2. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    Wow, nice? Thought about making these and selling? Thanks!

3. fabrices

fabrices Karting

Jul 31, 2013
    FRANCE
    My steering wheel has cost me $ 325, but if I count the hours of work for a potential customer, it is not profitable for him ... It is better to buy a steering wheel already make $ 1600.
    On the other hand, if you are handyman ... the steering wheel will cost you about $ 300.
    The steering wheel of the Lancer is also manufactured by MOMO. So, we can have a quality steering wheel at a low price ...

4. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    What sort of modifications have to be done, just for the fit? Not including carbon fibre.

5. fabrices

fabrices Karting

Jul 31, 2013
    FRANCE
    It's very simple, you cut the center of the steering wheel of Lancer and you keep that leather body of it. Then, you do the same with the steering wheel of your 360. You put the center of the 360 steering wheel on the leather body of the Lancer with 3 bolts. Then, you hide the 3 bolts with carbon or matte black paint and it's over.

hessank and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  6. natman316

natman316 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2015
    noticed older Ferraris share Momo Steering wheels with other Japanese cars as well. From what I recall a 550 Marenello steering wheel is exactly the same as a Honda Type R steering wheel from the same period haha

fabrices likes this.
  7. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Wow, very creative! Looks great too

8. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Wow that is crazy. I just compared photos and they are definitely a match. I know the 575 uses the same Brebmos as the early Nissan 350Z cars equipped with Brembos (track package). The pads are cheaper to replace that way...

Edit: fitment confirmed here as well on page 8 http://www2.brembo.com/en/car/Racing/Street-products/Documents/USA CATALOGO.pdf

John_K_348 likes this.
  9. TAILWAG

TAILWAG Karting

Apr 8, 2007
    OP/Olathe
    Full Name:
    Angel
    I don't follow exactly how the transformation was done, but the end result looks awesome. Congrats.

10. fabrices

fabrices Karting

Jul 31, 2013
    FRANCE
    #11 fabrices, Apr 1, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2018
    Now, if you have one lancer mitsubishi steering wheel at home, you put your Center F360 steering wheel and you send the new steering wheel at BOSPEED on and he makes the transformation for 300$.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    Where and how did you join the centers? Where are your bolts on your new wheel.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  12. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
  13. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    The question was where did you get your wheel from?

14. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    Found one on ebay item number... 323009609701. Landed in Ozz! $1000 au. Then send away for carbon f upgrade re trim the sides on wheel to perforated leather will be around $1500 au.

15. fabrices

fabrices Karting

Jul 31, 2013
    FRANCE
    ebay.de (GERMANY)

16. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Nice. Do you understand how to swap the hubs/centrepieces between wheels? I’m not sure I do from the OPs description.

17. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    #19 rizzo308, Apr 7, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    It's a great looking upgrade and something a would tackle. So from his picture and description and from what i can make out he’s cut at the very top of the 3 spokes of frame on his OEM 360 wheel pretty much rendering the OEM wheel useless.
    Then he’s cut the spokes off the evo wheel at the very bottom of the frame base and bolted the cut down OEM 360 base to spokes on the evo wheel if you get my drift. Now i don't fancy cutting any part of my OEM steer wheel frame as he’s done. Suppose i could always machine up a piece of 5mm alloy plate and bend it to exact copy of 360 wheel base frame so the EOM wheel is undamaged. Either way not a cheap exercise.

I'm 360 Canuck and John_K_348 like this.
  18. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    I got a slightly used black leather 360 wheel to replace the cheesy factory tan one on my Spider. About $650 iirc. I saved the original and it's reversible. Also the airbag was swapped due to recall so it was already black. The only redeeming quality of the original build was black stitching on the wheel, but seat colored wheels on a Ferrari with a black dash top and airbag is just weird to me. Used wheel was a little polished from grip and I think the seller used a leather/vinyl paint to freshen it up. Some of this came off when I saddle soaped it. Not bad though. Looks way better than tan and I can add black polish when needed.

19. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Yikes... not sure I trust myself to chop up the structure of the wheel. Last thing I want is for it to come apart in my hands while turning hard lol

20. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    There's lots of options on suede flat bottom wheels out there just need to find one with a large centre to accommodate the airbag. Sorry for my p#ss weak attempt at photo shop. Thinking something like this you could adapted to take the airbag and a reproduced EOM base plate to bolt to st wheel boss

21. fabrices

fabrices Karting

Jul 31, 2013
    FRANCE
    I have to do, the center console and the door panels. Then the interior will be finished