FF coming to PA tomorrow | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FF coming to PA tomorrow

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Carnut, Mar 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sonicsound

Sonicsound Karting

May 14, 2017
    AshAP, Caeruleus11, otakki and 2 others like this.
  2. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Lovely! Yes, I would leave those shields off the car. Are the front and back dark cavallino done at the factory or aftermarket?...They look good.

Sonicsound likes this.
  3. Sonicsound

Sonicsound Karting

May 14, 2017
    Not sure if they were aftermarket custom paint or factory (was not called out on the options list), but I really like how it finished the look of the car. I am still on the horse fence... I think I will live with the car a while before making the call to put the shields on. I originally thought that all Ferrari should have shields but I am seriously debating if this one should. Here’s a picture of the V12. I have never seen an engine more beautiful than this. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

AshAP, Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  4. Andy348

Andy348 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I personally prefer it with shields, but otherwise that spec is on point. Not sure if I've seen CF shields on an FF.

Beautiful car, especially with the Pano roof. Enjoy it in good health!

Sonicsound likes this.
  5. Sonicsound

Sonicsound Karting

May 14, 2017
    The carbon fiber shield should be arriving today. I will post pictures with them temporarily installed.

6. Falcon7x

Falcon7x Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2012
    Flight Level 450
    Full Name:
    Stew
    What's taking so long? o_O

Sonicsound and Itzkirb like this.
  7. aggiestckl

aggiestckl Karting

Jul 15, 2016
    Doylestown, PA
    Congratulations, where in PA I’m in buckingham just got my first f a 458

Sonicsound and of2worlds like this.
  8. Sonicsound

Sonicsound Karting

May 14, 2017
    of2worlds likes this.
  9. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations! I vote to skip the shields. IMHO if you do shields do them accurately (standard yellow background with black prancing horse) or not at all. Also, there are different fenders for shields. Yours lack the depression where the shields would be mounted. I say don't mess with perfection.

vinuneuro, of2worlds and 350MH83 like this.
  10. Sonicsound

Sonicsound Karting

May 14, 2017
    #35 Sonicsound, Mar 20, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    Already pulled the trigger on purchasing the shields last week. I was aware that the factory delivered cars with shields are recessed in the fenders. I have seen the aftermarket shields and they look pretty good, but just not sure if I want it on this car/spec. The shields finally arrived today but will have to wait to do the test fit as Nor'easter Toby is hitting tonight! I am still on the fence about putting the shields on. Good thing is they are not permanent and can be removed. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Itzkirb likes this.
  11. Itzkirb

Itzkirb F1 Veteran

Apr 30, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Kirby
    The shield looks nice, where did you order them from?

Sonicsound likes this.
  12. Sonicsound

Sonicsound Karting

May 14, 2017
    They were purchased through i-veloctia on the forum. Still need to see if they fit the curves of the FF

13. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    I searched for a CDF FF. I did not find one with an interior I liked. Yours is to die for. Two tone ? Painted doors or CF? Can’t tell on phone.

No Shields? IMHO Car looks good without them with the black cavillino and the diamond wheels. Drive it well. A beauty as is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sonicsound and of2worlds like this.
  14. Sonicsound

Sonicsound Karting

May 14, 2017
    #39 Sonicsound, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    Thanks! I am very pleased with this find/spec. The leather is two tone, but the pictures don’t do it justice (way better in person). The color differences are very subtle and tasteful. Yes it has CF door sills with Ferrari logo. She is getting a new battery and will be back in my garage by next weekend. Once it’s back I will be able to test fit the CF shields. I probably will hold off on fully install for a year or so, but who knows.

It’s snowing again here in PA and can’t wait for warmer weather. I have a track event in three weeks! The FF will stay home but the 996tt will join me for two days at Thunderbolt NJ motor park.

of2worlds likes this.
  15. Sonicsound

Sonicsound Karting

May 14, 2017
    I had to send the carbon fiber shields back as they did not fit the curvature of the FF. The seller is correcting the issue and they should be in my hands by the weekend. I will creat a separate post to show how they look on my car. I am still not sure if I am going “permanently” install them.

AshAP likes this.
  16. AshAP

AshAP Karting

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ash