458 Italia to Speciale Conversion, Done! Pics Inside | Page 2 | FerrariChat

458 Italia to Speciale Conversion, Done! Pics Inside

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by BurakUsta, Mar 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    stupid fit of pride :p

BurakUsta likes this.
  2. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    great job and well done.. enjoy it and thanks for sharing your passion...

3. BurakUsta

BurakUsta Formula Junior

May 27, 2014
    Istanbul/Turkey
    Full Name:
    Burak Usta
    Thank you

4. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    I really don't know what is going through his mind as to why he did it but I like it. My reason is simple exterior wise the Speciale is much nicer than the 458. That's what he was trying to achieve ? Don't bash this guy , I actually like he took the time and effort to do it. Bash someone like that dickhead Justin Bieber that added all that crap.
    I recall many years ago I bought a 3 series BMW, 4 cylinder but BMW gave the option to make the exterior like the M3. I took the option because thats what i liked.
    Unfortunately Ferrari doesn't give you that option. IMO look at the pista , I and only if I loved it to death I would have no carbon and the interior as a standard 488. Or even better a 458 with the exterior of a speciale but with the interior of a 488 and the rear quarter openings.
    All this guy has done is make the exterior look like a speciale. Well done mate

BurakUsta and saf-kiwi like this.
  5. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Agreed - what Bieber did was a travesty, using aftermarket junk parts to ruin his car. Totally different. BurakUsta is using all OE Ferrari parts, panels, and pieces, so it's nothing close to a Bieber molestation. Cool project that is going to yield a very unique Ferrari that, importantly, retains 100% Ferrari OE parts.

saf-kiwi, Lew L and MANDALAY like this.
  6. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    I don't see any of these knockers attacking TAG Motorsports with what they have done with their cars ? As pointed out OEM parts. Many could argue its a money pit but we are all different. If it was my car ild stop at the outside and actually not put the strip because I don't like it.

Shadowfax likes this.
  7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yeah it's a lot of effort gone in there OP. You don't need to be bashed for that least of all sharing it. Enjoy it with pride of a job well done!
    Looks really good and thanks for sharing the journey.

8. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    Buying an asset is solely individual. What one does with the asset is entirely their choice.. it's life.

BurakUsta and MREUS like this.
  9. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Nice.
    Stripe her!

10. jpersonal

jpersonal Rookie

Jun 26, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    J C
    Wow that turned out great! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BurakUsta likes this.
  11. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

It no doubt required tremendous passion and foresight to take on this project and you did it impeccably well. A spectacular end result. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

BurakUsta likes this.
  12. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I wonder if the knockers know that early on Ferrari owners and even Ferrari themselves were doing this all the time. Cars would be bought, raced, and the owners then got them rebodied with elements of a different vehicle. This famous and valuable 166MM for example was a barchetta, then a coupe, then a barchetta again with an adjusted body by a different coachbuilder called Oblin, who only ever built one Ferrari to my knowledge. So Burak, you are being more true to Ferrari heritage than you think. Nice job too, I own a Speciale and am not in the least bit offended, in fact the reverse.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Eamezcua, bluesea, Bundy and 8 others like this.
  13. Pazzo009

Pazzo009 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2014
    Northern Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    Marc C
    Damn, some of you guys are harsh. OP, the car looks great. I’m curious to see the fit and finish of things but I presume because you did a thorough job, the quality of work will match your attention to detail.

Now sorry I gotta say it....I have no idea why anyone would do that, but to each his own. It’s your car and looks awesome. I have a 458 and it’s a beautiful car, but when I see the differences in cosmetics alone I am envious.

Did you switch the interior? If not, I really hope you have the race seats

14. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    I like it.

15. rmk40

rmk40 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 3, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Rafi
    While I would have trouble stomaching the cost to do this, it’s really well done and looks awesome. The problem is it’ll never translate in resale, maybe even the opposite. But heck, I’d really consider the Speciale-look-updated-458 over an untouched one at the same price. Hope you hang onto it and enjoy it for yourself long term.

saf-kiwi likes this.
  16. BurakUsta

BurakUsta Formula Junior

May 27, 2014
    Istanbul/Turkey
    Full Name:
    Burak Usta
    Yes, exactly what i want, some of us dont really care about the straight line speed difference, which i think is really minor between 458 and 458s, or track times which %90 of 458 owners dont care. I love to personalize my cars, and thats what i did.

Thank you for the support

Thank you for the support

Thank you

Thank you, for commenting.

Exactly

Which color(s) you suggest ?

Right, we think alike.
    I have race seats for sure and another surprise, many to come...
    Thank you

Right, i also think this doesn’t translate into resale but i dont care, i dont plan to sell it until i die. The whole point for me is to enjoy it and thats what i do.

Bundy, Adamas, MANDALAY and 2 others like this.
  17. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Nice work - the car looks great :)

BurakUsta and Melvok like this.
  18. cankars

cankars Rookie

Apr 20, 2009
    Istanbul
    Full Name:
    Can Kars
    Well done Burak, enjoy in good health I never liked the soft lines of 458, the cat fish nose, triple exhaust etc, but the S looks amazing from all angles
    I suggest no stripes, and if you must have them, not the nart style that goes on the bumper.. I’d go with the one that fades in the hood, like the pic

Image Unavailable, Please Login

IloveGT and MANDALAY like this.
  19. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Black stripe center with red thinner accent stripes. Have seen this once before.
    Mine was black with yellow on a Argento Neurenburg car.

20. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Burak , what you see here is just sour grapes. Party on bro ! All the best , Kirk.

RWP137 and sbenus like this.
  21. BurakUsta

BurakUsta Formula Junior

May 27, 2014
    Istanbul/Turkey
    Full Name:
    Burak Usta
    I will try something like that.

Thank you bro,

22. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    Maybe you should do stripes will look good.

23. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Gentlemen, the only reason bans aren't flying all over the place is because I'm actually in a good mood. Regardless of my mood, truth remains these posts are unacceptable and bans would be in order. Nevertheless, I believe in keeping this thread on a positive and constructive note, as long as nothing of the sort happens again.

I believe you've all got it out of your system by now. You're on your ninth life, and there will be zero tolerance for personal attacks here. Lets enjoy and embrace the joys of having a Ferrari, the right to express our opinion, the right to disagree and, above all, the right and the duty to respect our fellow member, the same way we'd wish to be respected and treated. We can debate and disagree without namecalling one another. I think you'll welcome this opportunity of me not issuing formal warnings and bans as a way of showing this was an out-of-character outburst and nothing more. That's how I'll take it, for the time being.

Back on topic,

This is the first Italia to Speciale conversion I've ever seen, using only OEM parts. Well done sir, that was indeed a brave enterprise! What matters is that you like the end result and that you love and enjoy your 458 all the more. When a person buys a car or any other object, he's free to do whatever he wants. It's his right as an owner, and I for one thank him for taking the time to post his modifications here on the forum for us.

I quite like the color you selected. Which grey is it?

If you don't mind my opinion, I believe a Speciale without stripes is more rare and exclusive. I'm a sucker for a stripeless Speciale!

Kind regards and congratulations. Wish you many miles of happiness!

Nuno.

24. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Positively bad-ass. I would absolutely NOT put stripes on that car, it looks fantastic as-is! Well done!!!!

MANDALAY likes this.