Replacing roll bar wind deflector | FerrariChat

Replacing roll bar wind deflector

Discussion in '360/430' started by dhs-9, Oct 20, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dhs-9

dhs-9 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    I need to replace both roll bar mesh wind screens. I believe each screen has one or two bolts to attach it to a cover below. Has anyone done this . How are these nuts accessed to replace the screens

Thanks

2. DragRag

DragRag Rookie

Jun 8, 2013
    Los Angeles
    You can actually pull the rubber gasket that holds the screen in the frame from the back side without removing the frames, install new screen by pushing in rubber piece all the way around. Only reason I know this is because a couple section on one side of mine were popped out a little so I put the screen back in place and pushed in the rubber section. Vwalla, like new.

3. GWARREND

GWARREND Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Not to highjack this thread but has anyone figured out what can be used to replace the rubber gasket which holds in the screen? Mine started to crack this season and just noticed a section is now missing.

4. dhs-9

dhs-9 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    It needs to come out it rubber all cracked

5. GWARREND

GWARREND Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Agree..but what new rubber trim can you replace it with?

6. dhs-9

dhs-9 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    The trim will not be replaced the entire screen will be it bolts into the car I would like to know if anyone has unbolted one and how is access to the bolts accomplished.

7. sanfran

sanfran Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 10, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Oliver
    Are there any solutions available to replace the rubber gasket now?

8. F1Spider

F1Spider Karting

Jan 8, 2013
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    Do you have a coupe or a spider model? I replaced mine with aftermarket screens and the two bolts you have to open the top halfway to get access underneath the left and right ones. They are held in place with two screws and they are a ***** to get to. The middle windscreen just pulls straight up and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Sylvan Lake Alberta Canada
    Full Name:
    David Garratt
    A member here on Fchat DHulbert has a You Tube channel and one of his videos shows changing the wind screens on a F360. Here is a link hope it helps...wind screen replacement starts at about 5 min.

F1Spider likes this.
  10. F1Spider

F1Spider Karting

Jan 8, 2013
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    Ha! That is my 360 in Daniel’s video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Jim Moscardini

Oct 8, 2020
    Gainesville, VA USA
    Full Name:
    Jim Moscardini
    Another solution: my passenger wind screen blew loose from its frame at about 110mph. The insert that held the mesh in the frame was pretty much roached. Someday I’ll order new ones as all three retaining inserts are decaying badly, but I needed a temporary solution. It turns out that a black 12 gauge wire is a perfect fit to secure the mesh screen into its frame. Hold the mesh in place and press the wire into the grove with a finger nail. Work around the frame until it’s all in, then press the wire deeper into the frame with a narrow, flat, blunt tool. This stretches the mesh taut, and now my passenger screen is actually the tightest of the three. Esthetically, it’s not perfect as there is now an exposed grove around the frame, but functionally it seems just fine. Took the car to 100mph again and the screen was completely unfazed.

12. Jim Moscardini

Oct 8, 2020
    Gainesville, VA USA
    Full Name:
    Jim Moscardini
    One thing you all can help me with. I need to clean up the inside of my rear window. To do so will require removing the wind screens. Getting the side screens out will be easy enough, but for the life of me I can’t figure out how the center screen is affixed. Anyone out there know how to get that one out? I try to avoid just unbolting everything until I get the right ones. The video only shows one guy hammering(!) his in place.