2005 F430 Gated Manual | Page 3 | FerrariChat

2005 F430 Gated Manual

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Fougeee, Jun 17, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    I sold mine for big money in a very short time: see below

http://www.autoexoticainc.com/vehicle-details/2007-ferrari-f430-spider-convertible-cdbe7700816e46289f83c734674ca402/

2. azcarguy

azcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Marc
  3. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Supply and demand! For some recent real sale numbers you can look at BaT which has seen two 3-pedal 430s in the 17k mile range sell recently.

4. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    It sold for $197,500.00

5. hockeymotox

hockeymotox Rookie

Nov 18, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Is car still for sale?

6. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
  7. Reddesire348

Reddesire348 Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2017
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Andrew Gaal
  8. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    They are sitting in the US. Yellow Compass has a nice 430 for sale for months and a price much less than referenced above. The craze for a manual was just a lot of hype that for the most past has dissipated. I would say for a 360 and earlier it should be a manual but 430 and on the F1 is where it is at.

9. ReyF

ReyF Karting

Jan 10, 2017
    According to my Ferrari Tech, one of the best cars made was the 430 with the manual. He stated the maintenance cost to own was much less than some might expect.

10. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    I had a 430 Spider stick. The car was rockin’. Eleven Ferrari and it was absolutely my best.

jstar likes this.
  11. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Short answer...yes....although this ad seems to have been derailed.....did it sell?

12. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I think Yellow Compass has a spider 430 stick....

13. Reddesire348

Reddesire348 Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2017
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Andrew Gaal
    I totally disagree................ IMHO the gated 360 and F430. Having just spent several months getting the perfect car for me I can tell you gated Ferrari's will become the future classics and highly sort after over and above their F1 equivalents as the automotive world goes more and more into high tech, electronic aids driven technology and ultimately to an all electric car with no gears at all !

Ask yourself why do you buy such a car in the first place. Well most of us anyway (maybe half :)) buy one for the shear driving pleasure, thrill and experience. A huge part of that is the traditional gated car with 3 pedals requiring perfectly timed toe heal downshifts etc to get the most of of it.

This takes a far higher skill level to get right than the newer 'point and click' paddle technology and hence satisfaction when you do get it right is far higher. Therefore like any drug of addiction, more desirable to experience !?!?.

These are the values that will become more sought after than ever by the car enthusiast in the future while the rest of humanity putts around in our Tesla daily drivers listening to the pre-recorded engine sounds while we drive along just to keep us from going totally numb from the lack of driving stimulus.

Look at F1 to see how technology has gone forward then backwards in terms of driver aids and automated driving technology. Today they want to put the control of the car BACK into the drivers hands more than ever to stimulate better racing where drivers win more on merit and not simply that they are sitting in the most technologically advanced and automated car.

For all those who are buying gated 360's and F430s (if your lucky enough to find one) hang onto them.............you will not be dissapointed !?!?

Of course I can say that now because I've just bought mine ;);)

14. Renman57

Renman57 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Reynolds
    Reddesire348 - I think you are on point and hit the nail on the head!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Just a curious question - Aren't all the manual transmission cars since the '70's, perhaps earier, "gated"?